[Solved] Johnny signups frozen

My heliohost username: ipcsite

server: stieve

maindomain: ipcsite.heliohost.org

I recently added an addon domain (asimproperty dot com) but my account got queued. I though it was a problem then I logged in REMOVED ALL DATA and unparked the domain my website got out of queued page. I again uploaded some files and parked same domain again. But now its again in queued in. I assure you that there is nothing illegal or I have not broken any TOS or rules. But still my account is queued.

Please open my account as soon as possible.

I will be very thankful to you.

All you did is irrelevant. That's server-wide problem for all accounts on Stevie. This happend in the past, this happend 2 days ago for little less than 7 hours, this happend today, again.

@ admins

I have just spot it. The time of the day when it start to happend.

Today - July 28th - it started ~08:08 UTC (~01:08 PDT).

2 days ago - July 26th - it started ~08:06 UTC (~01:06 PDT).

20 days ago - July 8th - it started ~08:08 UTC (~01:08 PDT).

So I think it's worth to check it. Possibly it's unexpected and unwanted result of something that is scheduled for that time?...

Username: redwing

Server: Johnny

Domain: equilibrinet.com

Hi guys, I've been checking the status page for the last couple of days http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/status.php?username=redwing but it constantly says I'm position 180 and the estimated time is always 2 hours ahead of my current time.

It's been like this for nearly 2 days now.

I've tried logging into CPanel on the HelioHost.org site but it says login failed.

Have I missed something somewhere?

Thanks!

...should be created by Friday 29th of July 2011 01:52:00 PM, and should be active by Saturday 30th of July 2011 03:00:00 AM.

You will be able to access cPanel today and should be able to see your site tomorrow at 3AM (server time).

It is normal that you have to wait a while before you can use your site.

This is to prevent that the servers overload.

...should be created by Friday 29th of July 2011 01:52:00 PM, and should be active by Saturday 30th of July 2011 03:00:00 AM.

You will be able to access cPanel today and should be able to see your site tomorrow at 3AM (server time).

It is normal that you have to wait a while before you can use your site.

This is to prevent that the servers overload.

Hi there. Thanks for the reply =)

I'd just like to note however, that the first time changes every time I look at the site and the active time was Thursday, then Friday and is now Saturday. Also, the database number hasn't changed at all since I created the account.

I appreciate there are wait times and I'm not complaining so much as trying to ascertain if something has gone wrong so that it can be fixed. I used to run a free volunteer service myself, but not for websites. I understand that things can't always be done in a timely manner and a little courtesy goes a long way. Hence this is not a demand or complaint, but a notification that something might be wrong =)

Hmm, looks like this is occurring due to bihourly.php sometimes being run while heliohost_nightly is being run. I've rearranged the run times to try to avoid collisions.

Geoff: no, that script is definitely not a good idea. If we really wanted to fill up resources on the queue then we could do so by changing bihourly.php settings to make a single process stay permanently open. That way, we won't have two account creations happening simultaneously, which usually is really bad for the HDD.