[SOLVED] subdomain without using nameservers

965mods

hey me again

i am wondering how to create a subdomain called forums.965mods.co.uk which directs to /forums in public_html ok simple you say... go to cpanel etc.

does this apply to me even if my namerservers arent heliohost and instead am using a A record to point @ to IP and WWW to IP

if not how do i do it i have tried to create a cname called forums to my domain and my ip but it hasnt seemed to worked thanks

i am using YOLA nameservers fyi

also should i consider switching my nameservers to heliohost? how would i add google services to it like mail and things.. thanks

You should switch your nameservers to HelioHost. You can create CNAME and MX records for Google Apps. You can then choose what (sub)domain you want to point to Yola using an A record pointing to their IP.

Everything should work properly even if you use external nameservers as long as you'll create a proper "A" or "CNAME" record for the selected subdomain on these nameservers. It can be either the "A" record pointed to the same IP as the records for your root domain and www subdomain or "CNAME" pointed to your root domain name or any other domain/subdomain that is pointed to the same IP on HelioHost.

The choice is yours. I would choose more reliable nameservers. I don't know anything at all about reliability of Yola nameservers, but ns1.heliohost.org works well while ns2.heliohost.org not so well.

Everything should work properly even if you use external nameservers as long as you'll create a proper "A" or "CNAME" record for the selected subdomain on these nameservers. It can be either the "A" record pointed to the same IP as the records for your root domain and www subdomain or "CNAME" pointed to your root domain name or any other domain/subdomain that is pointed to the same IP on HelioHost.

The choice is yours. I would choose more reliable nameservers. I don't know anything at all about reliability of Yola nameservers, but ns1.heliohost.org works well while ns2.heliohost.org not so well.

ok thanks seems i fixed it without realising i pointed a A record called forums to 216.218.192.170 thanks for the help