000webhosting is not the best place for your files. Really!

DmC

1) You make a few big queries to the DB, you get banned for ToS Violation.

Nothing much, just setup a local phpMyAdmin and you'll get banned really soon. Of course you will lose all of your files. Just like that.

2) Today i'm having an exam in my university and i had some files uploaded in one of ther "free" accounts. The files were uploaded yesterday.

Today ~5 hours before the examination i saw a nice page of them:

Website Under Review

You are seeing this page because the system administrator of 000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. This redirect page will be removed once we finish manually checking all files on this account. Since we check over 100 websites per day, it can take about 2-4 hours to complete. If you are the owner of this website, you will get an email confirmation once it's done. If you are a visitor, please come back later.

http://www.000webhost.com/admin-review

Under review for 6 hours by now for about 20 php files and 2-3 css files.

Good job 000webhost. Keep it up (not). :angry:

Did you have any such experience with them?

Unfortunatelly i dont have time to modify my php files to be compatible with the php server here in heliohost.

2 things are facts:

1) After the examinattion is over, ill delete and ill never use again their service.

2) Heliohost is not very fast but (at least on stevie :rolleyes: ) you have an acceptable service.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah I have 000webhost, but not using them for any important files :/

Same thing happend to me ( almost the same, it was not exam in question, but a pilot version of a web site that I needed to show to my client :@ )

Bottom line, use them as LAST resort !!

ou, and their FTP?? Wtf works GREAT for 30 seconds, than for the next hour its slow as snail :///

We're glad you like HelioHost. We have improved the speed of Stevie as you can see from http://heliohost.grd.net.pl/monitor/ (compare the speed now to the speed a few weeks ago before we fixed it). However, with 4,943 accounts on one server, you cannot expect blazing fast speeds.

Hey i did not said that Stevie is slow. It's speed/response time is reasonable for so many users sharing one machine. :)

I just said that as far as we talk about stevie is fine. :D

On the other hand jonnie is really slow.

I firstly signed up here on jonnie. The next day i deleted my account because i was not even able to configure the DNS records in cPanel. I had to reload the page 5-6 times :P

I know that many users will not like what i'm saying but if i were you i would reconsider some things about jonnie.

Personally, i believe that -as we talk about free service- its better to have 2 machines serving users at no cost with a little less features and better quality than one good and one "highly unstable". :)

Of course everything i'm saying is intended to improve and not to offend. :)

We know Johnny is unstable and users are warned before signing up. We like to offer nonstandard features because it sets us apart from the competition making HelioHost the best free host.

000Webshost is evil :P

Seriously ... its pathetic.

What really pissed me out was that they said they had a 1-click script installer but it doesn't work.

Plus just google there affiliate program ...

Everyone says its a big scam :D

HelioHost might not be some huge company but at least they are honest.

Stevie used to be really really slow but nowadays its okay ...

000Webshost is evil :P

Seriously ... its pathetic.

What really pissed me out was that they said they had a 1-click script installer but it doesn't work.

Plus just google there affiliate program ...

Everyone says its a big scam :D

HelioHost might not be some huge company but at least they are honest.

Stevie used to be really really slow but nowadays its okay ...

I agree that 000webhost is evil.

If you read the reviews about them, there are many complaints and arguments about them about there function's and if they are a scam or not.

The other thing i didn't like about them is there service. They do not usually give you the info that you need.

They also have Ftp problems.

Heliohost is the best!

I'm New :lol:

The reason I quit 000webhost.com was because they showed an ugly database connection error, even though the connection (and so my entire site) worked fine. And they claim their affiliate program is outsourced, so I don't give them the entire blame for the scammy affiliate program.

Besides, I wouldn't use any webhost for plain file storage. I prefer to use an actual file storage service, like Dropbox or Mediafire. Mediafire to share a lot of files with a lot of people, Dropbox to store and backup personal files. Both services have decent speed and storage, and no downtime.