Parked Domain issue

T in Japan

Hello,

I'm trying to get my domain, www.wideaperture.org, to point to my heliohost account but I keep getting errors when I try to add a parked domain from cPanel. I'm probably forgetting to do something obvious, but so far I've added CNAME records for ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org with my domain registrar, but the following error keeps coming up:

Error from park wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 98.124.197.1,98.124.196.1,98.124.193.1,98.124.192.1,98.124.194.1 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Username: wideap

Site: wideaperture.heliohost.org

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

You need to add Nameserver records, not CNAME records.

According to our DNS checker, your current Nameserver records show as:

dns1.name-services.com

dns2.name-services.com

dns3.name-services.com

dns4.name-services.com

dns5.name-services.com

Please delete the above nameserver records and add these two:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

Then try readding your parked domain. ;)

The advantage with Parked Domains is that you can keep your main domain too. Use that script if you want to replace your main domain.

Although they are both relatively easy to do, and you would still need to change your NS records.