Favourite Free Domain Service

jje

What is your favourite free domain service?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are a variety of free domain services like .CO.CC and .TK available to users, not forgetting the standard HelioHost domains. :)

Therefore, I was wondering what you guys think is the best domain to use, considering length and setup in your choice. :)

I use the cz.cc domain service. Nice service, plenty of features, free. Pretty much co.cc with more names available since its not so popular. Setup was fairly painless.

I would have thought that was for Czechs with the cz in there. Good to know.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using www.uni.cc for a long time and I'm happy with them. They don't require you to renew every year, they just require you to put a small image link on your home page and at least 10 hits a month, but I don't think they inforce it. I'm not sure if they are accepting new accounts or not but I'm able to create new accounts when I login.

One of my uni.cc domains:

http://heliohost.uni.cc/

There is also .cu.cc which is again like co.cc, but my personal preference is .tk because it is the only free second level domain. If this host turns out to be good, I'm going to put i7grendel.tk (which is now at x10) here as my primary website.

Oh, and although .cz.cc is not limited to residents of the Czech Republic, I would only recommend it if you or your website have anything to do with that country. It's like .co.tv for that matter. People start to make connections when they see the domain, so make sure they are right.

• 5 weeks later...
Try the new .Free

You found some thing new ,nice one.

Actually, I told him about it. Anyway, .free isn't available yet, you can only preregister one domain and you'll be able to use it summer 2013 (scheduled season), unless someone else wants the domain too. Then it will be sold to the highest bidder (so you need to pay). Don't add it to the poll.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked heliohost.org ... never heard of the other ones mentioned.

I went from blogger to registering my own domain, then setting up a paid hosting. (they sucked)

Moved to another ... Sucked even more... LOL

Then I decided why pay for sucky hosting and started looking for free hosts.

I found a couple but HelioHost caught my attention, by the names of the actual servers (lol ... go ahead laugh at me)

I went with 3 different hosts and the quickest to get back to me got my business :P

HelioHost was the quickest ... and one of them finally sent me an email saying I was denied hosting (which to this day I still don't know why)