What Do You Think About Islam ?

• 2 weeks later...

WTF you only know when you die so - why kill people to find out -The world has changed so protestants, Catholics, Jews, Islam and Hindus all live and work together in peace in most countries.

So to live in a Islamic country as a protestant or a jew you cannot live in peace and harmony expecting your family to be safe and free.

is your God the a creator or destroyer because he cannot be both.

Is it not wrong to take someones life and how is that justifiable if a book says

look you entitled to any faith you like ...and being brought up in a Islamic society would be more difficult to change your religion but to quote "those who dont believe the same as you will burn --- is pure propaganda"

i.e Turn or burn!!!

you don't have a conscience to be polite or to help get money its there to guide you Follow you hart

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" Luke 12:34

Islam like any religion is just a means to control, If you believe in God then find him in your heart you don't need religion to do it for you! Islam, Catholic church or whatever. Religions take what they want from scriptures and use it to their own ends letting people know only enough to keep them happy. Islam took bits and pieces from the Jewish Torah and the Scriptures. The Catholic church totally removed 7 books from the original books of the bible, one of which gives a more realistic answer to creation and Adam and Eve. At the end of the day if somebody lives a good decent life, doing no harm, but helping others. Does it matter if they come from a certain creed or religion, or in fact if they believe in God at all?

• 1 month later...

Last year, I attended a guest lecture at my university called Islamophobia. It was a really great lecture that opened my eyes to how a lot of people in the United States (where I am) have misconceptions about the religion simply because they haven't bothered to learn the facts. Unfortunately, this seems to occur with almost all religions/beliefs. Ignorance makes fools of many and hurts many more.

cluelusshusbund

"i thank capital punishment is barbaric... whether its stonein people to death/the electric chare or leathal injection... ect... all are monsterous.."

There is difference of opinion amongst Islamic scholars about the validity of stoning the adulterers. Some say that only people who commit anti-social crimes like rape should be stoned to death, others ( majority ) say that any married person who commits adultery should be stoned to death. But this punishment is valid only in an Islamic Society with Islamic laws.

"Furthermore, Islam is not a system of penal law. It is a complete system of life which is perfect in every sphere."

Last year, I attended a guest lecture at my university called Islamophobia. It was a really great lecture that opened my eyes to how a lot of people in the United States (where I am) have misconceptions about the religion simply because they haven't bothered to learn the facts. Unfortunately, this seems to occur with almost all religions/beliefs. Ignorance makes fools of many and hurts many more.

I agree.

Did the lecture you attended cover Islamic law of stonin people to death... an if so... was it in agreement wit Brother Hassan who sees this law as bein a valid part of the Islamic system of perfection?

Don't use death sentences for adulterers as your only argument because the alternative is worse. In the west we go so far as to defend the cheater saying their partner was being too inattentive and such, but in the east many cultures consider that a stigma. Being left to live in a community that knows your actions and hates you for them, where your friends and family stop talking to you and and wish you were dead, would that make you happy? In that society death isn't barbaric, it's humane, when you do arguments like these don't think just like a westerner, to 'win' an argument you need to understand all options in it.

Don't use death sentences for adulterers as your only argument because the alternative is worse.

In the west we go so far as to defend the cheater saying their partner was being too inattentive and such, but in the east many cultures consider that a stigma. Being left to live in a community that knows your actions and hates you for them, where your friends and family stop talking to you and and wish you were dead, would that make you happy? In that society death isn't barbaric, it's humane, when you do arguments like these don't think just like a westerner, to 'win' an argument you need to understand all options in it.

Its not so much an argument; the thred asks what i thank about Islam (religion)... an for one... i thank stonin someone to death... no matter what their "crime"... is barbaric... an no... society treatin me so horribly that i had druther be stoned to death woud not make me happy... an that type of societal behavior only compounds the barbarism.

But to be clear... in Islamic societies... do you thank adulterers bein stoned to death is the right and proper thang to do... and that this method of "justice" shoud not change?

Let me just remind you that stuff like that isn't limited to Islam, after all, Salem gave America one hell of a black eye. Anyways, my point was: don't knock on Islam just for that one thing. To them marriage is quite sacred and their core tenets match any rational societies, the problem with their current social morays is with combining church and state, however America is just as likely to go along that route even with the Constitution attempting to enforce that distinction. After all, the conservative GOP is closely tied to a Christian demographic, particularly within the bible belt.

That's all from me on this topic, not really my cup of tea. Islam isn't perfect, but nothing ever is, every religion man creates will have faults but they each also have their positive sides, ignoring the good that comes from Islam because of one ugly truth is just as barbaric as anything.

Let me just remind you that stuff like that isn't limited to Islam, after all, Salem gave America one hell of a black eye.

O sure... but im discussin Islam because this thred is about... Islam.

Anyways, my point was: don't knock on Islam just for that one thing. To them marriage is quite sacred and their core tenets match any rational societies,

Thats jus one ugly truth ive ponted out... but yeah... most religions are wonderful... except for ther monstrously bad parts... an the prollem you pont out below:::

the problem with their current social morays is with combining church and state, however America is just as likely to go along that route even with the Constitution attempting to enforce that distinction. After all, the conservative GOP is closely tied to a Christian demographic, particularly within the bible belt.

Christanity is no better or worse than Islam... just a few hundred years less barbaric... an yes... the conservative GOP jus dont seem to get it; the can of worms that woud be opened if they successfully combine church an state.

Islam isn't perfect, but nothing ever is, every religion man creates will have faults but they each also have their positive sides, ignoring the good that comes from Islam because of one ugly truth is just as barbaric as anything.

On the flip-side... viewin a religion thru rose colored glasses an ignorin the horrors it thrusts upon its followers has truly barbaric consiquences... especially to the ones bein stoned to death... i woud emagine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i'm an atheist so to me islam is like all the other religions, it will never bring anything good

religions only bring wars

but, islam is worse than for example christianity, it promotes hate against non-believers, it is male religion, women don't have any rights (remember the girls stoned to death by her families?)

don't take me wrong, my family from mother side are muslims and my father family are christians

my family from mother side are muslims and my father family are christians

My mom seemed to believe ther was a "Holey Bible type of afterlife"... Dad... not so much... me... at 8 years old i remember thankin that grown ups at sunday school wasn't tellin me the truth about Jesus-stuff... an at 21 i got married to a sweet little Pennycost girl an we have been happy atheists for over 40 years now :D

I agree. Did the lecture you attended cover Islamic law of stonin people to death... an if so... was it in agreement wit Brother Hassan who sees this law as bein a valid part of the Islamic system of perfection?

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I got caught up with work. I do not recall it specifically talking about that. However, the lecturer did talk about how a lot of violence was due to extremesits who were misinterpreting texts not actually part of the Qur'an and not written by Muhammad to justify their actions. The lecture stressed that Islam is a peaceful religion.

• 5 months later...