New Activation Not Working

reef

Hi,

I have signed up for some free web hosting on Stevie, I received the confirmation email with the link to my cpanel, I have waited a few days and I still cannot access it.

My webspace is xiix.heliohost.org

Any ideas?

Thanks,

reef

I'm experiencing a similar problem - I can not access my domain, wideaperture.heliohost.org. The only difference is that I am on johnny, and I can log in to cpanel through any of the links on the main site. I signed up on the 17th, so it's been a few days...

any ideas?

Thank you!

-T

There is no any A or CNAME record for wideaperture.heliohost.org so no any surprise that is not accessible for you or for anyone.

If I'll "spoof" the DNS system, though, I see that it works (when Johnny works correctly at all, which is rare recently) and display the default portion of data.

So I assume (I'm not an admin, I may be wrong) that the account has been created correctly except DNS entries not being set on nameserver.

Hmmm...

I remember that I didn't have to set-up the DNS records if I use ***.heliohost.org

But I'm sure wideaperture.heliohost.org is down at my end.

I can't resolve your website using tracert.

Make sure you add the two NameServers

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

:D

At the moment the DNS entries for wideaperture.heliohost.org are already present on HelioHost nameserver - while these were not couple of hours before.

Similar problem was here and seems to be fixed, too: http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?s=...ost&p=66623

So it looks that something has been done. (Maybe some kind of reset or whatever djbob done while testing Charlie's power usage was enough.)