Problem uploading .sql file on server

avi619

Hello.I am new to the world of website building and thereby request you a little help.

Using the cpanel provided to me by heliohost.org,I created a mysql database on the server and exported my original database from my computer.I then imported this database in the server.

While I was importing my database on johnny's server,i converted it into the .sql file as required.But when i tried to upload the .sql file onto the server using phpmyadmin,I encountered an error which I am pasting as it is..

Error

SQL query:

--

-- Database: `joomla1`

--

CREATE DATABASE `joomla1` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

MySQL said:

#1044 - Access denied for user 'avi619'@'localhost' to database 'joomla1'

Can you please help me out regarding this error.Any help in this regard will be highly appreciable.

In your cPanel, go to MySQL Databases (the same place you created a database). Under MySQL Users, enter a username and password (twice) to create a MySQL User. This does not have to be the same as your cPanel username and password. Under Add User to Database, select the new username you just created and the database name (joomla1), then click Add. On the next page, click the box next to All Privileges and then press Make Changes. Try your SQL query again.

Did you backup the database itself or just the tables inside?

If you backed up the database itself, then you may need superuser privileges to perform the action.

I suspect this is the problem, since:

CREATE DATABASE `joomla1` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

requires superuser privledges.

Try cl58's method, and if it doesn't work, post back and I'll escalate this. ;)

Okay.I created a user to the mysql database and granted all privileges as told by cl58.I then uploaded my .sql file and the qureies were executed successfully.I really appreciate your help.

Now i need to configure my 'configuration.php' file in order to upload my site.I am using the joomla cms to create my site.I believe that I need to change the following codes:

var $log_path =

var $tmp_path =

var $host =

var $user =

var $db =

var $password =

I understand that the $user is my cpanel username,$db is mysql database name and $password is mysql password.

But i do not know what to fill up in $log_path,$tmp_path and $host.

Can u please help me out with this? Thanks.

My domain is www.software-tree.co.cc,my username is avi619 and I am using the johnny server.

Actually, the database and the user is slightly different.

$db = CPANELUSER_DBNAME

$user = CPANELUSER_DBUSER

$password = DBPASS

Here is the others filled in:

$host = 'localhost';

$tmp-path = '/HOMEDIR/public_html/JOOMLADIR/tmp';

$logs-path = '/HOMEDIR/public_html/JOOMLADIR/logs';

Replace...

CPANELUSER = yout cpanel username

DBNAME = your database name

DBUSER = your database username

DBPASS = your database user password

HOMEDIR = your home directory. If you don't know look in the sidebar on the left of the cPanel homepage.

JOOMLADIR = the directory where you installed Joomla

Hey jje,thanks for your valuable suggestion.I really appreciate this.I hope that you continue to enlight the newbies in the similar fashion.Now,I can finally have my site uploaded.Any problems,I'll report it to u :rolleyes:

Thank you.