[Solved] "HelioHost Account Error"

none1984

Oops, I didn't notice that he was trying to delete the other account. My bad.

And when will you solve the problem? Pls. delete the 'bardoczi' account permanently, and activate, the 'genefeed' account!

"PLEASE DO NOT PM ME FOR SUPPORT WITHOUT EXPLICIT PERMISSION.

Use the support forums instead. All support PMs sent without permission will be deleted."

You known, these error reports contains usernames, domain names and e-mail addresses....

Guest Geoff

@none1984 You are supposed to wait 96 hours after you submitted the delete page before signing up again.

I deleted that account.

Guest Geoff
Geoff: Out of curiosity, why 96 hours?

It's just a rough estimate. The way the script is written, it should be deleted by the next day, but sometimes the bihourly limit will prevent it from being deleted until the day after. I'm just making an assumption that it will be deleted after 96 hours, since that gives plenty of time for the account to be deleted.

Guest Geoff
I guess we can change the Server Move Requests instructions to use that script - much simpler!

Well, the way the script is set up now it queues accounts to be deleted. I haven't actually measured how long it takes for them to be actually deleted after they have been queued to be deleted. But yes, if it's not that long (only 48 hours or something), then that sounds like a good idea.

Yeah, in general it's better to let the cron jobs handle account creation/deletion, as they are set up to avoid pushing server load to high. Geoff's script is probably the better way to delete accounts, unless you have an urgent need. Thanks for writing it, Geoff!