[Solved] Trouble Installing Redmine

kuk

Hi,

I have some trouble to log in via ssh. In cPanel I can manage ssh keys so I think it is generally possible.

Maybe I'm using the wrong port (I couldn't find any information on this), but a normal "ssh johnny.heliohost.org" command on standard port 22 always ends with a "connection refused" error. I temporarily deactivated my firewall so there shouldn't be any problems due to it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thank you in advance for helping me.

That explains quite a lot ^^

I read this before but the topic came up before johnny was installed and since I had the ssh-icon in the panel I tought...

Well, this doesn't really solve my problem. I try to install Redmine and all the instructions that I can find on the web (like here http://blog.ryanharter.com/?p=95 or http://www.mickgenie.com/blog/how-to-insta...e-with-cpanel/) require some rake commands and RAILS_ENV= settings. How can I achieve this if I'm not able to log in??

I've tried setting up the commands as cron jobs, but they are deleted without notice (like mentioned in the other topic).

Post the EXACT commands you need run and an administrator will run them if they are safe.

That would be great. According to my instructions this is all I need to get it running:

rake gems:install

rake generate_session_store

RAILS_ENV=production rake db:migrate

RAILS_ENV=production rake redmine:load_default_data

Thanks a lot.

Guest Geoff

Those last two commands create the database. Maybe he could do those locally.

The first one might install gems, and I don't think he can do that locally.

I'm quite new to ruby so please forgive my mistakes.

If I got it right the two last commands create all the necessary tables for the database. I did that locally and copied them to the server, so that should be done.

When I try to start the app via cpanel it says that the app has been started. But in the list of available apps it always keeps the status "not running", so there is still something missing.

Guest Geoff

This is the error that occurs when I attempt to start your rails app:

root@johnny [/home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/script]# ./server
NOTE: SourceIndex.new(hash) is deprecated; From /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/vendor_gem_source_index.rb:100:in `new'.
/home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:55: uninitialized constant ActiveSupport::Dependencies::Mutex (NameError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support.rb:56
    from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `gem_original_require'
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:1
    from ./server:3

The problem might be that some of the gems are too old or too new.

Guest Geoff

root@johnny [/home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine]# script/server
NOTE: SourceIndex.new(hash) is deprecated; From /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/vendor_gem_source_index.rb:100:in `new'.
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:926:in `report_activate_error': RubyGem version error: rack(1.1.2 not ~> 1.0.1) (Gem::LoadError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:244:in `activate_dep'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:236:in `activate'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1307:in `gem'
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller.rb:34
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'
    from /home/kuk/rails_apps/redmine/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb:2
    from script/server:4

Helpful URL: http://www.redmine.org/boards/2/topics/22477

I don't have time to see if I can fix this now; I'll leave it to djbob.