Non HH Domains

eTronicGaming

I have a question:

If I buy a domain myself, how do I get hosting on it through here? Like if I bought hosting, would I have to enter my domain name and that's it? Or do I need configure nameservers and the like?

You will need to configure your nameserver to ns5.jump-server.net and ns6.jump-server.net. Besides that, just stick your domain name in the domain name field in the signup form, and you'll be fine.

Okay... What I want to know is, how do you stop people from just saying, finding a domain that has been bought, and you get hosting from here... Like how does it stop it from entering another domain that has that ns configured? I know that this isn't the only site that uses those jumpservers. I mean, what if google all of a sudden used that ns and I go and add hosting for it. Basically, what's it doing to check?

Because the jump-servers are the actual physical node of the cPanel/WHM server, there's a setting to do this (at least in the root WHM)

Go to WHM>Tweak Settings>Allow users to Park/Addon Domains on top of domains owned by other users. (probably a bad idea)

Uncheck it. It should be already unchecked, unless there's a specific need for it...

• 1 month later...