FTP Accounts

redviper

Domain: jheelamguesthouse.co.cc

Username: redviper

Hello all,

Mine is a new account and I'm trying to set it up. I want to set up an FTP account so I can upload files that way. Unfortunately the page does not load fully.

It goes so far and no further. At first I thought it was a temporary issue and would clear up. I'm trying after a couple of days but the problem persists.

I've also cleared the cache and tried.

What should I be doing?

That's happening because the server load is really high this time of the day. This should get better within the next couple of months. You should try later on in the day until then.

There's no need to create another ftp account unless you just want to. Just use your default ftp account. Login with your cpanel username and pass to:

ftp.jheelamguesthouse.co.cc

Thank you, Byron for the prompt reply.

A couple of months :o

I was trying the default ftp but must have been doing something wrong. I will try it again now. I have noticed though that for reason Chrome seems to have odd issues with ftp while Firefox handles it well. Is there anything to this or am I just imagining things?

I am new to this. So far I've dealt with paid services and that mostly involves yelling at someone down the phone whenever the server acts up :lol: So my learning curve is nice and steep, but I'm enjoying the challenge.

Some googling showed me that heliohost is pretty highly rated as a free web host. I spent some time in the forums reading this and that, and it was nice to see the responses from people like Djbob, Wizard, jje and yourself. So I signed up and am hoping this association will prove a good one.

Now, I'm off to try the ftp once again.

Thanks.

Edit: The default ftp is still not working...on firefox I get a connecting messaging and then it becomes done and nothing else happens. On chrome, it can't even find the server. I'll attribute it high server loads and try in a couple of hours......

try connecting using the host stevie.heliohost.org

Not sure what I'm supposed to do here.

Do I not just type in ftp.jheelamguesthouse.co.cc and get the username/password request? When I do that, the status bar message is 'connected to ftp.jheelamguesthouse.com' and it stays like that.

That is in Palemoon (Firefox build optimised for windows)....chrome merely returns it's standard 'could not find...' error.

... be sure to login with your cpanel username and password.

I understand what you are getting at, but it never goes far enough for the server to ask for login details.

Thanks for replying.

Okay try it again now. The ftp server was down but it's back up now.

Dangit, it's down again. Check this page to see when it's back up again.

http://byrondallas.heliohost.org/test/ftp_login_stevie.php

Don't know why this is happening?

Right mate, will do.

I was trying and getting nowhere. The link will be handy. Appreciate it.

This was the reason we weren't able to connect:

<<< 421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in.

Oh!

If this problem occurs again, why not use an alternative to FTP such as Web Disk, cPanel File Manager, or Ajaxplorer?

Yes, that is what it looks like I will have to do. It's not a problem, it's just a question of what you are used to, I guess. Drag and drop with filezilla...you kind of think that's just standard operating procedure after a while.

Byron's script is still returning 'could not connect to stevie'. Would that error still be returned if the maximum people were logged in? or only if the server is down?

Btw, does heliohost have an irc channel?

Web Disk is just the same - just drag and drop.

Ajaxplorer is very similar - just click 'Upload' then drag and drop.

Thanks jje. I will look into them if required. For now I am happy to report I got it working! I can be a persistent bugger, w00t :P