[Solved] FTP problems? (421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry)

serghmt

I can connect to FTP via Filezilla maybe once a day, no more.

I almost always get "421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry" and can't connect. At all. It's really stressing.

If it's not this it's usually "Connection established, waiting for welcome message..." and then it time outs.

it's not a problem with Filezilla, since telnet returns the same results (ftp.thehat.co.cc port 21, right?).

Usually once a day I can get the connection working, maybe even upload a couple of files, but then it starts again.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm out of ideas.

-SH

USER: shtemp

domain: thehat.co.cc or sergh.heliohost.org

PASS: I dont' have the chance to input it, but it's right.

Any ideas? :blink:

• Like 1

Hello

I am have exactly the same problem. I am using a publish software called xsitepro and things worked fine to start with sites could be published and updated without any problem over the last several days. The software using it's own internal ftp program and today when i wanted to publish again to my live sites i got the same message

421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry.

i doubt therefore that it is your software. I would also point out that i could access the host's cpanel manually, so i cannot see this is an issue of too many people loggiing onto the host at once.

Made a post elsewhere and it has apprently been escalated.

let me know of your outcome

clayton

sites

claytonpalmer.com

goals-and-solutions.info