[Solved] 500 Internal Server Error

jalpro

I keep getting this error message.

My site has been up and down all the time since I registered my account.

This is the full error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@jalpro.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_mono/2.6.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_wsgi/3.2 Python/2.4.3 Server at jalpro.heliohost.org Port 80

I've cleared my cache and tried different browsers but I still get the same error.

I can log in to cPanel but it doesn't load past the top and side bars, none of the buttons in the middle.

I can't FTP into my account using FileZilla - "connection timed out, could not connect to server"

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/jalpro.heliohost.org says it's down.

I've heard about the data moving servers or something... what's that about?

EDIT: And in the time it took me to write this post, it's UP again! :S

EDIT2: Down again. If I keep refreshing the downforeveryone site, it changes every 2/3 refreshes :/

Yes, it's been happening to my site as well in the past week, mostly in the mornings (around the time that I'm posting this). Good luck fixing this, and nice website, jalpro.

Thanks! :)

What's your site?

This is due to the huge amounts of accounts we have to suspend right now. Sorry... not much we can do :(

"Suspend"? What does this mean? And how does it affect me and my site?

Yes, it's been happening to my site as well in the past week, mostly in the mornings (around the time that I'm posting this). Good luck fixing this, and nice website, jalpro.

Thanks! :)

What's your site?

This is due to the huge amounts of accounts we have to suspend right now. Sorry... not much we can do :(

"Suspend"? What does this mean? And how does it affect me and my site?

Unused accounts are suspended and then deleted. This takes up resources and makes the server load high, which means sometimes you won't be able to access your site.

Unused accounts are suspended and then deleted. This takes up resources and makes the server load high, which means sometimes you won't be able to access your site.

How long is the "unused" period?

30 days. This is all well documented in the Support FAQ.

I signed up to HelioNet at the same time I signed up to Heliohost (21st Feb), so account suspension is not my problem.

I get "Heliohost Account Queued" now.

30 days. This is all well documented in the Support FAQ.

I signed up to HelioNet at the same time I signed up to Heliohost (21st Feb), so account suspension is not my problem.

I get "Heliohost Account Queued" now.

No one is saying account suspension is your problem. The problem is that right now we have a large amount of accounts slated for suspension to process. This takes up server resources and sometimes your account will be down because of that.

Actually, that's quite the underestimate. We're currently at 475 done, 12582 to go. However, the process ended up only really starting yesterday since there was a bug I forgot to fix.

Hopefully this will be done in a couple of months. The load won't be so bad the whole way through, though. As accounts get deleted a lot of current slowdowns will be assuaged. Maybe another month at this level of slowness?

I'll hopefully have Johnny set up before then. (<-- that was not a guarantee of any sort)