i have accidentally deleted the public_html folder

arfath khan

Hi,

in utter accidental way, i deleted all of my Home_directory including public_html folders and all the other folders and directories that were present in the HOME directory, all my site data is lost, well, i have the data, i will republish it, BUT HOW CAN I PUBLISH THE SITE WHEN THERE IS NO OTHER DIRECTORY PRESENT EXCEPT 'HOME', HOW CAN I GET ALL THE DIRECTORIES BACK, LIKE PUBLIC_FTP, PUBLIC_HTML AND EVERYTHING ELSE.

THANKS TO THOSE WHO READ AND SOLVE THIS THING

REGARDS

Try creating a "public_html" folder in your home directory. Then upload your site files back to that folder.

Post back and let us know what happens.

for now my site is non-dynamic, just static, so i have created a public_html, folder and published the site, its working fine, BUT, i have plans to add dynamic content in future may be use a shopping cart, will there be any problem in future, i doubt there will be! you guys advise me, what should i do ?

If your not seeing these folders inside your home directory:

• .cpanel

.htpasswds

.trash

access-logs

etc

mail

public_ftp

public_html

tmp

I strongly advice you to let us delete your account and you sign up again.

I doubt that there should be any problems with running a shopping cart on your account. However, I recommend that you recreate all the folders Byron listed first. :)

However, if I were you, I would take Byron's advice. ;)

I believe ZenCart is popular and can be used for running a shopping cart. :)

I strongly advice you to let us delete your account and you sign up again.

Might want to wait until heliohost catches up on the backlog before deleting your account.

i use my website as a portfolio, if i reset my account, some of my clients wont be able to catch me up, untill i get a new account, guys wait for a few days, when i have finished up all the work, i will reset my account, thanks to all of guys for posting here and helping me out, i have this gut feeling the you (heliohost) are the best in the industry of hosting, thanks once again

and regards