Problem with Subdomain

talksandy

Hi,

UserName -talksand

registered domain - film-fare.com

problematic domain - www1.film-fare.com

I've created a www1 subdomain under the root film-fare.com. When I browse to www1.film-fare.com I'm still seeing the /index instead of the actual website I've created.

Is it expected and gonna take some time before site is accessible or something wrong with the configuration?

[update] Correct IP address of the server probably is 216.218.192.170 not 65.19.143.2 (Helio Host IP). Changing A record to point to the correct IP should fix the problem. Will update the thread with the result when DNS settings refreshes on my machine. Meanwhile if anyone has the correct IP address please post it here.

[update2] I'm now getting Account queued message at www1.film-fare.com. Is it expected?

Thanks

Refresh your browser's cache.

Also, I would recommend starting with Drupal 7 instead of Drupal 6 because the release date for Drupal 7 is really soon.

Cool Thanks. I used the Drupal version that came with the autoinstaller. have your tried Drupal 7? is it good enough to try RC3 right now?

Yes, I have tried drupal 7, and it works fine for me on heliohost.

Personally, I never use the autoinstaller to install scripts because it is usually not the latest version, and have had other issues before when using the autoinstaller.