Google Apps

DemonKnightz

So I just went and got myself a registered domain from Name.com, but only in an attempt to guarantee no one else would take it as I have yet to set my site up again. So I'm quite happy with now having a .com, .net and .org all registered to me, but when I was looking at them I noticed there was an option for google apps next to each domain and hoping it would tell me more about google apps I clicked enable. Next thing I know I have some form of email account set up to my domain with absolutely no idea what's going on. I'm sorry to annoy everyone with such an amateur question, but you have to learn somewhere right?

What is google apps used for?

Will it be useful for me?

Can I still use my domain when I set up a site here? (Just a little worried cause now when I visit my site domain I get a google apps page)

Domain: www.demonknightz.com

Google apps is basically all google services, (gmail, google docs, ect...), except that you can brand them, and send email from your own domain (Eg. admin@demonknightz.com). You can still do all of these things w/heliohost, but some people just like google better (less trouble, and free).