Adobe's New Antipiracy Site

nilayz

My gosh, that is terrible. That damages Adobe's image. I would expect a much more serious and high-quality site than this. That really does not make people think seriously about how piracy is illegal, all it does is show how it is funny when computers spit CDs back out.

My views on piracy:

It sickens me when I think of our culture today and how we think that it is OK to steal another person's work.

Uhh, when the original napster was around, cd sales went way up. Ever since the RIAA shut it down, sales have been lower than they were before napster started up. Filesharing is free advertising for the record companies, and it acts as the new radio. Nowadays, most radio stations only play the top 40 songs in it's genre, and never plays anything else. Most stations dont even do requests anymore. Filesharing gives us the same try-before-you-buy thing that we used to get with radio (or the listening booths they used to have at record stores).

Uhh, when the original napster was around, cd sales went way up. Ever since the RIAA shut it down, sales have been lower than they were before napster started up. Filesharing is free advertising for the record companies, and it acts as the new radio. Nowadays, most radio stations only play the top 40 songs in it's genre, and never plays anything else. Most stations dont even do requests anymore. Filesharing gives us the same try-before-you-buy thing that we used to get with radio (or the listening booths they used to have at record stores).

I agree. Usually only major label artists are on the radio because the labels pay for them to be. A lot of the time I download a few songs to check out bands before spending my money on the CD. Some artists even encourage P2P, it helps to get smaller artist's music heard.