My site's problems

amhso

On my site, http://spudguns.trap17.com , I must have done something wrong with coding. Actually, maybe just messy, but it works in every browser but IE. in IE the boxes on the side (the ones labeled Nagvigation, externel links, and stats) stick into content. I have been looking at it for 2 weeks and could not find what is wrong. I think this turns many of my visitors away, so i want to fix this. Any suggestions?

IE doesn't adhere to W3C standards when parsing web pages. It has it's own set of rules when parsing web pages. I would recommend designing a mirror of your site compatible with IE and using PHP or JavaScript to figure out which browser your visitor is using and redirect them to the proper area.

I was thinking of that. I already have the referral link on my main page. But i don't want to move all my work just to put a firefox link and then forward them to my site.

"Your browser stinks, please download a better one!"

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's this all got to do with the IE problem? Anyway, it has something to do with the css. I've seen this before... I just don't remember. I think it may be the cellspacing or padding, but you aren't using tables. I recommend switching to tables so IE will cope with it. Else just let people screw themselves using IE. I can't believe Micro$oft still allows people to use it... they should be ashamed of themselves :(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this is one thing i hate about div tags... they aren't cross-browser compatible yet.

What I did is make 3 different css (one for ff, ie, and opera) and then I have php check what browser they are using and impliment one of the 3 css files. works great!