[Solved] Python sqlite3

AJ00200

I've been working some more on my forums, and I was hoping to use sqlite for the login system, but I got an error about not having the sqlite3 module, so when I looked closer, I saw that this Python version does not include that module.

When I asked about this in #python on irc.freenode.net, they said that the sqlite3 module could be installed.

So, here is my request for it.

Thanks for all your help

I asked again in the python support channel on freenode, but I didn't get a response about offical documentation. Normally its as simple as downloading a file and running "python that_file.py install" as root to install a module.

Otherwise, I was also pointed to pysqlite2 which is a 3ed party module that should do the same things since you can't get the sqlite3 module working.

Also, have you concidered upgrading your Python version? Even if you keep 2.4 as your main version you could allow people to access 2.7 or whatever in their #! line and that would include sqlite3 as well

I'd upgrade, but I'm staying at whatever version CentOS needs as the package manager yum and other important system utilities depend on Pyton.

I tried installing pysqlite2, both from binaries and from source. I get errors whenever I require it in Python, though. Could you go ahead and try and see if you get the same errors?