[Solved] gnuplot 4.4

pybond

This support request is being escalated to our root admin.

Thanks Wizard. The link above is correct - I need the current release 4.4.0.

I didn't realize this would be escalated....here's my info.

Username: pybond

Domain: pybond.com

Thanks very much for all your help. You guys are awesome.

Okay, I've installed the package. Is your script working now?

Thanks djbob.

My script is not working yet. When I try to call gnuplot, it gives me "OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory".

The documentation says I shoud just call "gnuplot", but maybe its location is not in my search path.

Should I use an absolute address to the gnuplot executable? If so, can you please tell me where it was installled?

Thanks for all your help.

All I know is that I installed it... I don't know where to. Can you search online and try to figure it out?

Sorry to be a pain. Maybe I just don't understand how this works. I've searched everywhere, and still can't locate the executable. The executable should be called gnuplot. According to the install file in the package, it might be in a subdirectory called /gnuplot/bin, but looks like it depends on settings during compile. According to the FAQ section of the website, it says it might be in /usr/local/bin. I have no idea what to do since I cannot view the server's filesystem to find it. I've tried all these combinations and others, and haven't found a path that works yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's certainly not in /usr/bin. Perhaps the package installer made a broken version, but it's not in any of the executable "bin" folders.

All I know is that I installed it... I don't know where to. Can you search online and try to figure it out?

In ssh:

# which gnuplot

I'm well aware of which. gnuplot seems to be a library, not an executable... at least in the incarnation we have installed.

OK, here's my last try. I compiled the gnuplot-4.4.0 package locally (./configure then make then make install) and found where the executable should be installed. It should be located at: /usr/local/bin/gnuplot.exe. It works great on my local system, I just type gnuplot, and it launches fine. Is there something I'm missing for a shared hosting environment? Was this gnuplot file installed on the server? Is /usr/local/bin in my path (I don't know how to check it)? How would I access this application from my user account?

If these are not easy questions, I'll just give up and re-program using a different package.

Thanks.

I compiled the gnuplot-4.4.0 package locally...It works great on my local system, I just type gnuplot, and it launches fine.

gnuplot seems to be a library, not an executable... at least in the incarnation we have installed.

So, it looks like to me (correct me if I'm wrong), but djBob didn't install the same thing you did (besides the fact that you're running Windows and Stevie is running Linux). I have no clue what djbob installed, but it should have been this. Maybe djbob can spread some light on this.

I don't know if Stevie has RPM installed, but the RPM for gnuplot is located here, as the official Sourceforge for gnuplot only offers the source.

pybond: What architecture are you working with? If you compiled for el5.x64_86 the upload might work out okay, although there might be some packages that are prerequisites that we don't have.

pybond: What architecture are you working with? If you compiled for el5.x64_86 the upload might work out okay, although there might be some packages that are prerequisites that we don't have.

I tried cross-compiling and compiling on a native linux system with no success. So, I decided to re-program using a php graphing package. Turned out to be much easier and worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone for your help and support - it was greatly appreciated. djbob, you can remove gnuplot from the server if you want...I have no plans to try to use it again. Thanks!