Email problem and php

lisanet

I have been unable to send out any email today. The error messages say that my email address is being rejected by the server.

Also, I installed all these php programs from fantastico but I cannot figure out how to access them. I tried going in file manager and opening them but that did not work.

The names of all this stuff sound great but past that it all makes little sense. Try me with the short version and if I can get started I may be able to figure out some stuff on my own. Somebody, help!

Please read the Support FAQ before posting for service. We'll need the exact error that you get when sending email. Moreover, you probably shouldn't be install software from fantastico until you understand how to use them.

Also, this:

http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

:rolleyes: Hi Wizard, thanks for answering. I have read the Support FAQ several times. May I humbly suggest that you post the other link you gave me as prominently as the Support FAQ link.

Fantastico: I thought I was choosing a selection of programs to install later. When I looked, everything I picked had been installed already. Don't blame me if you guys have things working so well. I have looked on the net, called a friend, talked to a support guy on the phone, probably something else I can't remember and I still cannot wrap my mind around php. :blink: On the forums, I could not tell where to begin to ask a question. I guess you have to know what to ask first... I thought if I could access the user interface for the [a] program, I might be able to figure something out myself or make a start. No one ever taught me anything. This is how I learned everything I know about computing. I thought, to answer this should take about 1 sentence (like, the same sentence you took to chide me with). Excuuuse me if I thought wrong. One of the best things about your free service is not having to pay domain overhead as you learn stuff.

ALSO, the little pop up documentation pages will not scroll all the way down. Using someone's new laptop with Win 7, I had this same problem with my homepage.

I appear to have no POP access to my email. I was able to log into webmail but was unable to send messages on the day I first wrote. Today when I logged in I was able to send messages. I found a message in box when my mail client had read: no new messages. The error message I got trying to send out mail with the client was different from the one I got today. Today I got:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.2lisanet.com ', Server: 'mail.2lisanet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I went into my account and used the auto configuration but no change.

I think you should help me! I would say this differently and ask (again) but the instructions at that link you gave me said not to grovel. -_-

You can drop the attitude, my previous post was sincere. I have better use of my time than to "chide" you. Had you provided your username and domain name, which was requested in the Support FAQ, in big, bold font, twice, I would not have been so "harsh" and suggested that you go read it. And again, if you don't know how things work, you should probably not be using them. The methods you have chosen to "learn" are superficial at best, especially since you have no prior knowledge of web hosting. In order to understand the software you have installed, I recommend reading the documentation of whichever package you have installed to understand the software at a user level. This can usually be done by visiting their website. Moreover, you have yet to provide detail about what your username is, which packages you have installed, and what exactly you expect the packages to do. These questions were what I was hoping the link I provided would teach you to answer beforehand. These and other questions must be answered before I can give more specific support.

ALSO, the little pop up documentation pages will not scroll all the way down. Using someone's new laptop with Win 7, I had this same problem with my homepage.

Which browser are you using? What do you mean "little pop up documentation pages"? If you're using IE8, switch to firefox and/or chrome for your browser.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.2lisanet.com ', Server: 'mail.2lisanet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Are you using the default mail account that came with installation? If so you need to make a new account. The new mail account wizard also provides account/server/protocol/port settings that you have filled in incorrectly. Which mail client are you using?

You can drop the attitude, my previous post was sincere. I have better use of my time than to "chide" you. Had you provided your username and domain name, which was requested in the Support FAQ, in big, bold font, twice, I would not have been so "harsh" and suggested that you go read it. And again, if you don't know how things work, you should probably not be using them. The methods you have chosen to "learn" are superficial at best, especially since you have no prior knowledge of web hosting. In order to understand the software you have installed, I recommend reading the documentation of whichever package you have installed to understand the software at a user level. This can usually be done by visiting their website. Moreover, you have yet to provide detail about what your username is, which packages you have installed, and what exactly you expect the packages to do. These questions were what I was hoping the link I provided would teach you to answer beforehand. These and other questions must be answered before I can give more specific support.

Which browser are you using? What do you mean "little pop up documentation pages"? If you're using IE8, switch to firefox and/or chrome for your browser.

Are you using the default mail account that came with installation? If so you need to make a new account. The new mail account wizard also provides account/server/protocol/port settings that you have filled in incorrectly. Which mail client are you using?

I have been using this default email account since day one with no problems until now. My account username is lisanet too. Domain, 2lisanet.com Made another account, still no POP access. (Outlook Express) Will check the settings in the wizard. On php, I am not using anything. I can't figure out how. I installed a bunch of stuff but..as I said. For example, one is a PDF program. I guess this would either let you view these files and hopefully even create them. I saw a folder in my files that said PDF. It was empty. Okay, I have a headache now :blink: . I'm going awol, I'll be back. P.s. I will try to be less facetious when you are being sincere. I appreciate sincerity, but lighten up, okay. I know people write really stupid, not nice things on here sometimes and I am sorry for that. JUST LAUGH AT THEM. - Meanwhile, gone fishing (maybe really this year), back in a week. Will read your answer though. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wizard,

Okay, I am back from vacation.

I still have no POP access to any email account I've created. I did see a change with the default account and understand POP access blocked here for security reasons.

As for the php stuff, I did read some of the docs for the one program I asked you about. It said I could call up an example of how the program is used but I have to enter this code to call it up. Obviously not a url, I do not understand where to type in this code to call this information. I'll keep reading. Everything one does has like a basic premise. If you can understand how to find this basic thing, you can do just about anything with a minimum of struggle. This is the stuff behind actors who change like chameleons, what Tony Robbins does, what great surgeons do, and just about any very talented person. I guess this is what I am trying to get from you about php.

Oh, you asked what little documentation pages: In cPanel, it's the little page that comes up when you click on any of the documentation links on any of the pages.