[Solved] A missing tip in the registration page

mwebz

Hello, i tried to register a account a few minutes ago, i like to use complex passwords so my password had a / in it, i filled the form, read the terms, and clicked Register Account.

The system didnt accept my password because of the /, and told me to use only letters, numbers and underscore.

Ok, than i went back to the form, and this time replaced the / with _ clicked the Register Account again, and now i got this message:

We're sorry, but the daily signup limit has been exceeded. Please try again tommorow.

<_< Well now i will have to wait

A simple A-Z a-z 0-9 and _ next to the password box would be nice

Cya tomorrow :lol:

• 1 month later...
Oh and you can't use the underscore _ either. :)

Then how I put a underscore_ in my password and the system accepted it?

Are you signing in with the underscore? Unless djbob has fixed it, it will accept the underscore when you register but remove it for cpanel. So if you signed up with:

by_ron

it will actually be:

byron

to sign in.

Wait, so if you have an underscore in your password cPanel just removes it?

I don't know if it was cpanel or your corruption script, but there have been a few times in the past where a person would post that they couldn't login to thier new account and would post thier username with an underscore. Upon checking the database for the correct username it would be removed. But it seems it doesn't accept an underscore now because I just tried signing up twice with a underscore in the username and got an error both times that it was invalid.