retro of present day games

chrisc

do you like retro or todays games  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 4 weeks later...

retro games had more play into them than todays games tha are full of graphics to drag you away from the actual gameplay. What makes a game good to me is that the actual play is can entertain you, with or without good graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

graphics count for nothing. if you think all games need to be great is graphics go watch a movie. if you like games for what they are, you get them for the gameplay, not for graphics or sound or story. they may help a little, but it's the gameplay that sells them.

unless you're stupid.

Personally, a good story line is critical of an RPG, any kind of strategy game, or action/adventure game. Thats the maine reason I dont play MMORPG's, cuz they dont offer anything for a story line. A fast paced FPS on the other hand, I could do without cutscenes, dialouge, etc. Storyline kinda killed Serious Sam 2 IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, graphics matter alot. When you pick up a game off the shelf, your first impression is graphics. Of course, there are instances where you hear a game from a friend or a review (which is usually for some people here) and they get it then. Word spreads and their income is then based on the gameplay and storyline itself, after the graphics sell.

Overall, I could probably live without good graphics, but I prefer them in conjunction with good storyline/gameplay. Normally though, I would just pick a one dollar copy of a random game that rarely sells nowadays and play it, Septerra Core and Shogo for example. It might sound like I'm being cheap, but although they ARE cheap, their storylines and gameplay themselves are actually quite good.

Cheap games are awesome as long as the gameplay is good, and there doesnt have to be a story line, but if there is one it had beeter be a good one. As far as what you said about first impressions, I know I dont just go to EB because I feel like picking up a game, I go when I know exactly what game or games I wanna get after reading several reviews from several people with different gameplay preferences. Even when I do spot a game that looks interesting I take a look at everything printed on it, and ask anyone who happens to be working there at the time what they think of it. The only game I ever got for the graphics was Doom 3, and I was EXTREMLY dissapointed with it.

Well, all of my friends go game-browsing by graphics, picking up every good-looking case they see and reading the back of it to get a "feel." Not everyone of the gamers community reads the reviews before selecting a game, though, I try to warn as many people as I can to do so...

Well, all of my friends go game-browsing by graphics, picking up every good-looking case they see and reading the back of it to get a "feel." Not everyone of the gamers community reads the reviews before selecting a game, though, I try to warn as many people as I can to do so...

I read reviews even before shelling out 6 bucks for a game for my cell. Basically, if I'm spending money on it, it had better have a decent review, which sucks nowadays with the copy-protection they put on the new games, I have to read reviews constantly if I cant test it out first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...