Heliohost/Helionet main page

DanielFarrell

I think this might be in the wrong forum, but I'm not sure...

What's up with the Heliohost and Helionet sites atm? I was in the middle of posting something yesterday on helionet (not sure if it went through or not) and I started getting 404 errors, now whenever I go onto www.helionet.org or www.heliohost.org it says "Heliohost Account Queued". It wasn't until I accidentally went to the sign up page for heliohost in my history that I realised I could get around it by going directly to the site rather than getting the redirect from the root domain... Is this to do with the DDoS attacks, or is it something wrong at my end?

On another note, good luck stopping those who are DDoSing. I am sick and tired of people considering it appropriate to do something illegal, which I have no doubt this is, just because they are bored. Kids should be banned from the internet.

Oh, also, any idea when you'll be able to start fixing up the new sign ups? I really could do with my hosting asap, and while I know fixing your DDoS problem could take a heck of a long time, it would still be great if you could give a vague time frame.

The Questions forum is more appropriate.

What's up with the Heliohost and Helionet sites atm? I was in the middle of posting something yesterday on helionet (not sure if it went through or not) and I started getting 404 errors, now whenever I go onto www.helionet.org or www.heliohost.org it says "Heliohost Account Queued". It wasn't until I accidentally went to the sign up page for heliohost in my history that I realised I could get around it by going directly to the site rather than getting the redirect from the root domain... Is this to do with the DDoS attacks, or is it something wrong at my end?
Must be djbob working on the server, or some funny apache error. Both are temporary.

On another note, good luck stopping this ***wipes who are DDoSing. They should burn in **** for this. I am sick and tired of people considering it appropriate to do something illegal, which I have no doubt this is, just because they are bored. Kids should be banned from the internet.
Strong language isn't necessary. I am a kid. Should I be banned from the internet?

Oh, also, any idea when you'll be able to start fixing up the new sign ups? I really could do with my hosting asap, and while I know fixing your DDoS problem could take a heck of a long time, it would still be great if you could give a vague time frame.
djbob says the DDoS should stop/be fixed in a week.

The Questions forum is more appropriate.

Must be djbob working on the server, or some funny apache error. Both are temporary.

On another note, good luck stopping this ***wipes who are DDoSing. They should burn in **** for this. I am sick and tired of people considering it appropriate to do something illegal, which I have no doubt this is, just because they are bored. Kids should be banned from the internet.
Strong language isn't necessary. I am a kid. Should I be banned from the internet?

djbob says the DDoS should stop/be fixed in a week.

I admit, I was probably being a bit strong with what I was saying about kids. However, I make no apologies for saying calling the people who are doing this what I did, and saying they should burn where I said they should burn. I shouldn't have been so general when I said kids. Not all kids make viruses or spam or hack. I know I didn't, I would assume you don't, I know most 'kids' don't know how. But the fact is kids do cause havoc across the internet. One of the biggest cyber-criminals in the world was a 16 year old kid from New Zealand who was caught by the FBI after two years of causing huge problems for people across the world. And they are criminals. When they start affecting other people like this, they are going from kids playing pranks, to criminals breaking the law.

Anyway, I apologise for the strength of my language here, though the sentiment stands.