Hosting/Deploy Spring Framework/Boot backend

mingrkli

Howdy,

I googled and read a few about hosting a backend with Spring with HelioHost and I read somewhere that since the move to Pleask, It was removed and that Java / JSP isn't available on free hosting service. However, I can get a VPS to run Java so since I'm new to HelioHost and Pleask, I was wondering if when I get the VPS Mercury $4/month, if anyone know a documentation or a step by step on how to set up a Spring Java App backend on HelioHost?

I found some guides online but they require a use of a terminal and I don't know where to access the terminal for HelioHost so I was also wondering if someone can point me to it :) 

14 hours ago, mingrkli said:

Howdy,

I googled and read a few about hosting a backend with Spring with HelioHost and I read somewhere that since the move to Pleask, It was removed and that Java / JSP isn't available on free hosting service. However, I can get a VPS to run Java so since I'm new to HelioHost and Pleask, I was wondering if when I get the VPS Mercury $4/month, if anyone know a documentation or a step by step on how to set up a Spring Java App backend on HelioHost?

I found some guides online but they require a use of a terminal and I don't know where to access the terminal for HelioHost so I was also wondering if someone can point me to it :) 

What operating system are you running?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ookma-Kyi said:

What operating system are you running?

I'm using windows 11, I'm still trying to research before I commit to the VPS since I want to learn more about what I'm about to do before I do it since I never done this before.

14 minutes ago, mingrkli said:

I'm using windows 11, I'm still trying to research before I commit to the VPS since I want to learn more about what I'm about to do before I do it since I never done this before.

For running terminal commands: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

For uploading your files: https://winscp.net/download/WinSCP-6.3.3-Setup.exe/download

• Thanks 1