Scheduled Downtime

Ashoat

I went through that tutorial, but I think it was wrong on a number of counts (including the coding errors it claimed existed, and the installation method it used). Regardless, I figured out how to make it work and Ming should now be installed for PHP.

Is it working for you guys?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, works like a charm now, thanks a bundle :)

Sorry i couldn't find a clear cut solution, but i hope it at least helped some.

And btw, they did mention that the coding error was for Ming version 0.4.2, and that that section could be skipped for 0.4.3 :P

Ah, good point! I misread.

Their make/make install in php_ext only works for standard installations, though... we don't use a php.d directory and have a non-standard includes directory, so that didn't work. But there was a php_ext/tmp folder with a ./configure that installed the extension to the correct directory, and I just manually added the configuration line to php.ini.

• 4 weeks later...

Note to self, and other sysadmins:

To get libgdiplus working, make sure glib-2.0 is installed, that it has a lib64 .pc in pkgconfig, and that there is a symlink from the .so to the real library in /lib64.

<add name="MySQL Data Provider"    invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"
                 description=".Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL"
                 type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory, MySql.Data, Version=6.2.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d"/>
            <add name="PostgreSQL Data Provider"    invariant="Npgsql" support="FF"
                 description=".Net Framework Data Provider for PostgreSQL"
                 type="Npgsql.NpgsqlFactory, Npgsql, Version=2.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7"/>