REVOLUTION CONTROLLER!

myscrnnm II

Okay back on topic; The Revolution controller looks kinda odd, huh? Well Nintendo are appealing to a mass-market of people with the Revolution. Sony seem to be directing the PS3 more towards the die-hards..

I'm not too sure about this controller... on the other hand it might turn out to be great but I'm kinda skeptical as of now.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay back on topic; The Revolution controller looks kinda odd, huh? Well Nintendo are appealing to a mass-market of people with the Revolution. Sony seem to be directing the PS3 more towards the die-hards..

I'm not too sure about this controller... on the other hand it might turn out to be great but I'm kinda skeptical as of now.

Well nintendo is always changing their controller, and this is just a HUGE jump from traditional game pads for any system. Even if it flops, it was an awesome idea and just the kind of thing I'd expect from them.

Yeah, something new to break the trend. Myscrnnm said something on Krazyletter that I agree with. He said that, since Nintendo couldn't succeed mainline, they did something completely different (not in those work) He says it like it's a bad thing though, because it's a marketing strategy. If you can beat them, do something else. It's either that or crash into the ground.

Anywho, although the remote rises alot of controversy, it is inspiring all people alike to try/buy it, revinue would probably be decent, compared to failure going with the crowd.

lol XD I once bought an old old old laptop w/ internet capabilities for a hundred, and dvd players don't retail for much anymore (my dad bought a cheap DVD/VCR combo and it had support for burned DVDs for 50 w/ mail-in rebate) and cd players you could get for 10 bucks or less, so there's a good chance you could =D

How much you wanna bet I could get a gamecube, dvd player, computer with internet capabilities, and cd player for cheaper than an xbox? lol.

Cheaper than the Manufacturing cost :whistle:

Microsoft looses hundreds of dollars Per Xbox sold, and their first profit off of the Xbox was in July this year. Sony also looses hundreds of dollars Per PS2 sold. And Nintendo's console is the most powerful, yet it's also the cheapest :P , Nintendo actually makes money per console sold.

i think the controller would deffinately bring out a new audience. whenever non-gamers look at a controller, they worry about screwing up buttons and difficult combos. to them its like "ok, doulbe x, y up L, R4 then LMNOP really quick". its confusing for them. but anybody can use a tv remote. and it's easier to understand "a quick flick to the right."

My DS took a 5 foot drop without a scratch!... but with a little dead Pixel... in an unnoticable spot... Although my little brother broke all 3 of our Nintendo Gamecube official controllers... so now we use MadCatz controllers(I prefer the mini-ones), and my little brother got his first, and it's still in good shape... dispite that he is plagued with "R button not working" syndrome. And his Analog stick isn't perfect... but with all the damage he [attemtps to do] to it, it's in awesome shape.

Nuh-uh. MadCatz, as bulky as their products are, they make some decent stuff. Although they've cheapened out on some of the material, my Analog Stick, even after extrenuous use, still works as if it was just store bought. Best thing to do is mix and match, I've taken alot of non-broken junk from my broken Nintendo GC controllers and replaced alot of things that were flawed in my MadCatz (and vice versa)