Downtime

Ashoat

The issue was that the filesystem was corrupted. This resulted in filesystem quota operations breaking the kernel scheduler. This shouldn't happen, and can only be the result of a bug in the Linux kernel. Anyways, I turned off quotas, but that left the corrupted filesystem read-only. I had to down the system for a filesystem check (day-long process) and then reboot the machine, then turn on the quotas again. Everything seems to be functioning now.

The issue was that the filesystem was corrupted. This resulted in filesystem quota operations breaking the kernel scheduler. This shouldn't happen, and can only be the result of a bug in the Linux kernel. Anyways, I turned off quotas, but that left the corrupted filesystem read-only. I had to down the system for a filesystem check (day-long process) and then reboot the machine, then turn on the quotas again. Everything seems to be functioning now.

Dear DjBob.

Wouldn't it be better, to make some sort of mail-list, and then send out such notices per mail, so we get this to know faster?

I actually thought that You closed it all for good (seen it often these days :( )...

Dear DjBob.

Wouldn't it be better, to make some sort of mail-list, and then send out such notices per mail, so we get this to know faster?

I actually thought that You closed it all for good (seen it often these days :( )...

Don't worry, HelioHost isn't going to close. We've been around for five years now :)

Okay, sure, but we'd need another server that could handle the mailing list. Does any server out there handle mailing lists for free?

Dear DjBob.

Don't worry, HelioHost isn't going to close. We've been around for five years now :)

Okay, sure, but we'd need another server that could handle the mailing list. Does any server out there handle mailing lists for free?

Nice Saturday, 13 :(

Google mail allow send 500 mail per day for free.

Do any of these services allow me to prevent my email from being publicly available?
groups.yahoo.com does allow to switch a group to allow members (including owners and moderators) to hide their email addresses. The switch to allow is irreversible and disables the poll feature (no big deal). On an announcement group (only moderators can post) it's harmless. I'd not recommend to allow members to hide email addresses on a discussion mailing list (where members can post) because that hides also member's IP-address, from moderators too, making tracking trolls impossible. If a member or moderator chose to hide his email address, the only way to post a message is from groups.yahoo.com website.

a simple twitter account would suffice imo
Quantity of twitter users is much less than email users. If you use twitter, don't assume that everybody else does too. <_<

a simple twitter account would suffice imo
Quantity of twitter users is much less than email users. If you use twitter, don't assume that everybody else does too. <_<

We just need a web page, that easy to update and reliable in case of a downtime. You don't need to follow the twitter.