Long activation time

Vortex

Hello everybody

I'm new here and I haven't used a hosting service before but I registered my account this saturday and it's still unactivated. I have put my website on it but it won't show. It says that my account is being processed but this is well outside timelimit. I was hoping to be using it today because I can't move on with my work without it...

Thanks in advance

Vortex

Sorry but it's still not working. I can access my cPanel and upload files thru the ftp but I still get this message:

HelioHost Account Queued

Ahoy! You're seeing this page because HelioHost has not gotten about to installing and configuring your account yet. This process usually takes 24 hours, and once it is complete your website should show up properly. While the account is being created we suggest taking a look at your control panel.

Thanks for choosing HelioHost! We wish you good luck with your website.

Sincerely,

The HelioHost Staff

Pretty annoying issue... it comes up when I try to view my page in mozilla.

Regards

[EDIT] Now I'm just getting this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@doganmultimedia.heliohost.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_wsgi/3.0c3 Python/2.4.3 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at doganmultimedia.heliohost.org Port 80

Thanks, it works now but I have an other issue now.

I created a website and I am planning to use adobe incontext editing for easy managing so I have to put the site directly on the place where the FTP uploads the files. But when I go to my site I get a list with the structure of the site instead of the homepage wich is called index.html. I also can't navigate thru the website eventhough it works fine in dreamweaver. I just uploaded the content of the folder where I was editing my site in so it should be the same. Could use some help with that. And sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question tell me where to post it and then I'll ask it there again.

Regards

Your not seeing your index.html page because it's not there and I couldn't tell you what went wrong when you ftp'd your website. You can make another post in the Questions forum and somebody that's familiar with the program your using might can help you.

EDIT:

I'm seeing the index file in your admin/ folder but not in your root directory.

http://doganmultimedia.heliohost.org/admin/Index.html

If you want that to stop directory listing you need to rename that Index.html with a lowercase i.

index.html

I renamed the file but it makes no difference. It still lists the directory when I surf to www.doganmultimedia.heliohost.org . If I surf to www.doganmultimedia.heliohost.org/admin then I get my homepage instantly. Is it possible to make an index.html in my root directory which automaticaly redirects to my index.html in my admin folder?

This is the only remaining issue I have now. It's a small one but I kinda important.

Regards

I renamed the file but it makes no difference. It still lists the directory when I surf to www.doganmultimedia.heliohost.org . If I surf to www.doganmultimedia.heliohost.org/admin then I get my homepage instantly. Is it possible to make an index.html in my root directory which automaticaly redirects to my index.html in my admin folder?

That's because you need an index.html page in your root directory to keep from directory listing. Why not just move your admin directory files in your root directory to solve the problem?

If I do that then I can't use incontext editing. I have tried it but the ftp and the website have to go to exactly the same location. I upload files with the account admin@doganmultimedia.heliohost.org but then all the files show up in the admin folder and not instantly online unless the path is doganmultimedia.heliohost.org/admin. But no one is going to type in an address like that I guess.

But thanks for your help I might just keep it like this if there is no solution for this. I'll try to make a redirecting page in the root folder to see if it works. Thats allowed isn't it?

I must say this host has great support specialy for a free host. Kuddos !!!

Regards

[EDIT] It works with a redirect page. Thanks !