[Solved] Error when trying to create a PostgreSQL DB

landho

• Kairion changed the title to Error when trying to create a PostgreSQL DB

Hi @landho,

I am assuming you are trying to create a PostgreSQL database through a PostgreSQL connection.

If that is your case, you will not be able to do that, as all databases (and database users) have to be created through the Plesk panel web interface.

If that is not your case, could you please share the SQL code you tried to run that have thrown your error as well as a copy of the mentioned error you are being shown?

PS.: I have split your post into a new topic since you have posted into a solved one from another user.

Thanks, @Kairion!

I was creating the database through the Plesk Panel.

The error has since resolved itself, and I suspect it was related to initialization of my account.

I didn't save the exact error, when I encountered it, but it said something to the effect that another user was currently using database (template1, iirc).

So for future reference, if you encounter this error as well, you may need to wait about an hour after creating your account before you will be able to create a postgres database.

• Thanks 1

Hi @landho,

Firstly, thank you for returning and providing info about your case for future reference.

Your advice is indeed correct, a fresh account can take up to 2 hours to get fully functional since there are a couple services that need to be restarted until a new account can start to work (e.g., the (sub)domain only start to work after a web server service restart, that occurs every 2 hours).

Taking into consideration that the web server service usually is the one that takes the most time, it is safe to assume that after 2 hours a fresh account is ready to be fully used and any errors should be reported on Customer Service here at HelioNet, by email at support@heliohost.org or through our Discord chat.

I will set this topic as solved, but feel free to contact us if you have any requests, questions or face any issues.