Half-Blood Prince

/\/\/\/

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, those of us who feel like hanging our [bleeped!] out on the line and pirating a copy, but there are still plenty others who are straight and dont have the cash to burn.

None of this changes the fact that there are many people who have yet to read the book, but intend to.

Yes, those of us who feel like hanging our [bleeped!] out on the line and pirating a copy, but there are still plenty others who are straight and dont have the cash to burn.

None of this changes the fact that there are many people who have yet to read the book, but intend to.

Not all eBooks are illegal, only the pirated ones. If eBooks were indeed illegal, Sony would have had their [bleeped!] sued off by now for making the LIBRIe.

The whole point of the argument was whether or not people could get ahold of the book. You said " Still, in this digital age, we must adapt and use eBooks." out of NOWHERE, as if it was a great alternative to these people who cant get ahold of the book in paper. How, might I ask, is someone with limited funds supposed to afford the eBook if they cant afford the regular book either?

The whole point of the argument was whether or not people could get ahold of the book. You said " Still, in this digital age, we must adapt and use eBooks." out of NOWHERE, as if it was a great alternative to these people who cant get ahold of the book in paper. How, might I ask, is someone with limited funds supposed to afford the eBook if they cant afford the regular book either?

I suggested the eBook because despite costing money, they are considerably cheaper than their paper counterparts.

They still cost money, and heres a news flash, so do computers, laptops, and handhelds needed to read them.

But imagine buying the Encyclopedia Britannica collection, then compare it to buying a Sony LIBRIe and a software form of Encyclopedia Britannica. Now, which one is cheaper? Also, in he long run, having to buy the LIBRIe will be cheaper than buying hundreds of books.

Electronics of any kind are a luxury many cant afford.

reading off a screen for extended periods of time gives a lot of people headaches.

eBooks suck.

I am aware of this, but the United States is one of the richer countries in the world, like Switzerland, Luxembourg, Japan, et cetera.

Why do you think Sony and Philips invented the E-Ink technology? So that you can conserve energy and save yourself some pain at the same time.

eBooks don't suck. You can go and buy your large voluminous books, but I'm going to save some trees thank you very much.