Is HelioHost going to continue in Service?

stgeorge

Domain:

stgeorge.heliohost.org

Server Name:

stevie

Installation:

Joomla 1.5

I have recently been trying to work on a website but keep having to give up as the FTP is slow, irratic and is not quite sure if it wants to connect or not.

Whenever I try to upload files I keep getting 500 Internal Server errors in one browser, but connection in another. There are no indications in the error logs as to the problem.

All we are talking about here is an image upload or maybe a css file, not an htaccess or php.ini file. Just basic files. It seems that after upload the files are not recognised by the Server although they show in the FTP Client, (FileZilla, Core FTP and WinSCP).

After working on the site I quite often get locked out and sometimes the site just goes down.

Also I have recently noticed that the Server keeps going down and I get a page stating that my account is waiting to be processed, although I can log into cPanel.

It seems I am always trying to find a workaround for something on HelioHost that will crash, disconnect or otherwise mess with the browser.

I keep having to close down browsers, reboot, clean the system, clear cookies, delete cache, flush xp dns and so on. This is all just for a few files I may have uploaded.

I use 14 different browsers and I keep having to close one down, open another and so on.

Is HelioHost undergoing some sort of change or is it simply that the Servers are not up to the Job and are overwhelmed with websites.

My SQL can be a little erratic too.

The website itself seems to have little downtime (or at least I think so), it is simply when I start working on it all the above problems arise.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Thanks for the reply Wizard.

I know my post shows my frustration, but it is good to at least get a reply which enables re-assurance.

I was wondering what was going on as this has only been happening over the last three weeks or so.

Luckily the site is basically automated enough now and only needs minor tweaks or additions so I have little to do. Just waiting for User migration from one Section of the site to another Domain so that I can enable another section on the existing Domain.

As for your Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy signature, I felt deja vu, as I usually use that as a sign off when I doubt if I'll ever return.