Not able to login to cpanel

mamk

Hi, I have problems loging into cpanel, trying both from mamk.heliohost.org/cpanel and www.heliohost.org. The page don't seem to exist! It has been working before, and i have used it alot! The MySQL-server is also down!

Also, I sent you a email some weeks ago, but still no reply! Since im already writing, I can write it here:

"I seem to somhow done something that made Frontpage to not function correctly. I unistalled it and used the "Password Protect Directories", and then installed it again. Since that, my Visual Studio isn't able to connect! Before I did this, it was working perfectly. Did the installation process fail? It didn't say anything about it! Did the "Password Protect Directories" do something? Maby, I didn't remove what I had added with it, so maby something there. Please, help!!!?"

Username: mamk

I'm seeing your site ok and when I go to this url I'm getting a password prompt.

http://mamk.heliohost.org/cpanel

I've never used Frontpage Extensions but I do know you can't set up password protected directories using the cpanel Password Protected Directories unless you remove frontpage extensions first. So I'm sure that is where your issue lies. If your going to use frontpage extensions than you need to set up your protected directories through it some how.

I thought I remembered reading something about htaccess files being changed at the cpanel. From the FrontPage Extension Manager:

Warning: Installing or uninstalling Frontpage Extensions will result in the loss of all ".htaccess" files in your web area. Any changes you have made to your ".htaccess" files will be lost. Any directories you have protected with WebProtect will become unprotected until you reprotect them.