[Solved] pseudo suspended account

badger

I got an nice email:

Dear badger,

Your hosting account at HelioHost is about to expire. It will be suspended in seven days on Monday, January 11th. This is either due to a period of account inactivity or missed renewal date. If you have not logged into cPanel in the last three months, please renew your account ASAP by visiting <a href='http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/renew.php?username=badger'>here</a>. If you have a forum-posting-based account, you must renew your hosting by purchasing a hosting item in the forum store.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

I ignored it because I often login to my cpanel, and the site was still online. But a week later I got:

Dear badger,

Your hosting account at HelioHost has been suspended. This either due to a period of account inactivity or missed renewal date. If you have not logged into cPanel in the last month, please renew your account ASAP by visiting <a href='http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/renew.php?username=badger'>here</a>. If you have a forum-posting-based account, you must renew your hosting by purchasing a hosting item in the forum store. If you do not renew your hosting suscription within fifteen days, your account will be permanently deleted. This is your final warning.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff

The renew link doesn't work (shows some error) but my site is online. I just want to get sure my account won't be deleted in 15 days...

And one more thing - fsockopen works only for standard ports (like 80, 53, 443). Could you enable all ports, because I would like to check stats of a cs server (via cron job - no connecting to the server every time the site is refreshed) and display it on my forum. What harm could it do?

Your last cPanel login shows up as 1/11/2010. I can't tell why this is happening.

Have you received any emails since those last two? Let me know if you get anymore, but this problem probably shouldn't reoccur.

Your last cPanel login shows up as 1/11/2010. I can't tell why this is happening.

Have you received any emails since those last two? Let me know if you get anymore, but this problem probably shouldn't reoccur.

I got pretty much the same message. Any need for action?

"no-reply@heliohost.org to me

show details 12 Jan (1 day ago)

Dear mariusm9,

Your hosting account at HelioHost is about to expire. It will be suspended in seven days on Tuesday, January 19th. This is either due to a period of account inactivity or missed renewal date. If you have not logged into cPanel in the last month, please renew your account ASAP by visiting <a href='http://www.heliohost.org/scripts/renew.php?username=mariusm9'>here</a>. If you have a forum-posting-based account, you must renew your hosting by purchasing a hosting item in the forum store.

Regards,

HelioHost Staff"

Marius

Marius, your account seems fine as well. I'm not entirely sure why you guys are getting these emails, but your accounts shouldn't be suspended or anything. Let me know if there are developments.