[Solved] 500 internal serer error?

trotfox5

Hi all,

I rather recently regestered and got my hosting space here. I was on my cpanel all yesturday tweaking stuff waiting for my account to finally be created, but today I can't even get into my cpanel. I get a 500 internal server error. It says that "The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request." I really don't know that much about this type of stuff, so I was wondering what it meant and what I should do about it. I checked the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem and found none. Please help! My domain is trotfox5.heliohost.com. Thanks in advance!

To both of you, thanks for the help but LAUBi, it happened to me on multiple computer so it couldn't have been your suggestion. I can log into my cpanel through that link though, so I'm going to undo any changes I made and try again. Thanks!

edit:

Another odd thing I just noticed, is that while the page says there is a report in the server's error log, I can't find an error at all. It also doesn't say I have any visitors while I visited it several times today to see if it fixed myself. I'm still puzzling over this.

New edit:

The front page extensions aren't the problem. I uninstalled them to no avail.

Can you post what you have in your htaccess file? Or if your not using it for anything right now then delete the file or delete what's in it and see what happens.

Sometimes Latest Visitors dosn't update right away.

Can you post what you have in your htaccess file? Or if your not using it for anything right now then delete the file or delete what's in it and see what happens.

Sometimes Latest Visitors dosn't update right away.

I already tried that. Right now there is no htaccess file.