phpBB3 installation - Blank Page

ragingox

Dear Support staff,

I have followed the following information from the quick install guide of phpBB3:

1. Decompress the phpBB3 archive to a local directory on your system.

2. Upload all the files contained in this archive (retaining the directory structure) to a web accessible directory on your server or hosting account.

3. Change the permissions on config.php to be writable by all (666 or -rw-rw-rw- within your FTP Client)

4. Change the permissions on the following directories to be writable by all (777 or -rwxrwxrwx within your FTP Client):

store/, cache/, files/ and images/avatars/upload/.

5. Using your web browser visit the location you placed phpBB3 with the addition of install/index.php or pointing directly to install/, e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/phpBB3/install/, http://www.mydomain.com/forum/install/ etc.

6. Click the INSTALL tab, follow the steps and fill out all the requested information.

However, after clicking on the INSTALL tab, i click on the button 'Proceed to next step', afterwards, a blank page appears (/phpBB3/install/index.php?mode=install&sub=requirements&language=en), i have tried refreshing the page and waiting for 10 minutes but nothing happens.

For security reasons, i have left out the details of my domain (i am happy to provide this upon request). Do we have some kind of restrictions on php?

Kind Regards,

The only way we've gotten phpbb3 to work on our servers is through Fantastico, please try that. It is located on your cpanel under Software/Services. Also, there's really no reason /not/ to post your domain when getting support. It speeds things up because we don't have to waste a post asking you for it.