Two cPanels: one in-accessible, the other refuses login

Majid

Hi,

I found the service on free-webhosts.com, and selected it because it had many positive reviews. The sign-up went easy and I received an email with the details of my account.

However, when I click on the cpanel link, openDNS tells me You tried to visit mtest.heliohost.org, which is not loading.

What is more confusing is that there is cPanel login form directly on the 'Congratulations' page, which goes to a different address, which happens to be a login form again with this warning: Login Attempt Failed!!

Please help.

Thanks,

Majid

Normally it would take about 24 hours for your site to become active, however we are experiencing registration problems and accounts are only showing up after about 5 days and aren't accepting username and password. Hopefully the administrator is working on this but it could be awhile. As far as different places to login, you can login several ways to the cpanel, what matters is username and password.

Normally it would take about 24 hours for your site to become active, however we are experiencing registration problems and accounts are only showing up after about 5 days and aren't accepting username and password. Hopefully the administrator is working on this but it could be awhile. As far as different places to login, they're are several ways to login to cpanel, what matters is username and password.

I am a developer, and I am willing to offer a helping hand in resolving the registration issue. I offer this as my 'two cents' (for free). Also, I do not need direct access to the server to work out what the issue is - instead I can co-operate with whomever has been assigned to the task.

Let me know if I could be of any help.

What do you know?

Sorry for missing your post, I thought if a new reply is posted in this thread I'd receive email notification and so I didn't check here.

To answer your question; I know Apache, Linux, DNS, PHP+MySQL, and some perl. I have installed and configured cPanel, and have peeked under the hood and know how it manages subdomains.

So, I think I'd be able to improve the subdomain setup script.

Majid,

P.S. My subdomain is not working yet (it is six days now).