New Skin

lightsilver

Meh, I don't care how DJBob spends his money, unless of course DJBob asks for an opinion, then a few "I told you so"s will be thrown in.

You don't like it either?

I could do better no offense ;) If you want, I'll go find my old skin I did for ipb and post it.

Let me see it.

This skin is completely customized including all visible CSS and images. The CSS looks the same because the style is a lot akin the IPB skin - easy on the eyes. However, it is not the same. There is no blue in this skin's CSS - the IPB one is bluish. eTG - trust me, you could not do even close as good. I saw your old designs - the pictures weren't all that great, and the color scheme... bleh. And do you honestly think this is good: http://forums.etronicgaming.com?

People just have different tastes ;)

Edited by djbob

Sorry, but I think that is ugly :P

1) Bad fonts. I mean, you used Times New Roman!!

2) Too plain. The colors are a single shade, not gradiented enough.

3) Basically no pictures.

4) Not enough color. There is some blue in a few parts, but that's all.

Please note you have never used punBB before, and therefore should know they use crappy css and templates... See the default comes with no images, one color, and that's it. It's just div simple stuff with one color to make it blue. The text was by request of the owner of the site... he wanted to keep times new roman, which is a good font. Arial is only good small. I believe you are using TNR on this site I see ;) so PWN. Also, The gradient is to make it look nice, not all choppy like the ones here. I mean come on, yours goes from a light color straight into a choppy darker color... there's not much contrast. some, but not much. Look If it was an IPB skin, I'd have to say, it would take me a much longer time to make a good skin... I just don't like people who make skins to look similar to some people in what the IPB default is. Now when EVERYTHING is changed (From my personal opinion, I'll give you what I think is a good skin later on), well, this isn't my favorite, but at least they changed the skin: http://www.yourforum.gr/InvisionBoard/index.php

But you get what I mean I hope. Not flaming here, just want to let you know I know what skinning implies in good technique, and I just think you could do a bit better to make the skin itself STAND out is all I'm saying. But the skin isn't what attracted me to the site, so I shouldn't be complaining sorry :(

I believe you are using TNR on this site I see ;) so PWN.
Uhm, no. Where do you see it? And if you mean on the CSS, that just defaulted. It's never used.

Also, The gradient is to make it look nice, not all choppy like the ones here. I mean come on, yours goes from a light color straight into a choppy darker color... there's not much contrast. some, but not much.
What do you mean, the choppy makes a bunch more contrast. I like it choppy :P

Look If it was an IPB skin, I'd have to say, it would take me a much longer time to make a good skin... I just don't like people who make skins to look similar to some people in what the IPB default is. Now when EVERYTHING is changed (From my personal opinion, I'll give you what I think is a good skin later on), well, this isn't my favorite, but at least they changed the skin: http://www.yourforum.gr/InvisionBoard/index.php
It's alright, but there's no variation of color. Also, the gradient in the header looks really messed up. And some pictures are placed in bad spots.

But you get what I mean I hope. Not flaming here, just want to let you know I know what skinning implies in good technique, and I just think you could do a bit better to make the skin itself STAND out is all I'm saying. But the skin isn't what attracted me to the site, so I shouldn't be complaining sorry :(
It's alright, I like constructive criticism ;)

I understand what you mean by stand out, and I might want to modify the HTML a bit. But I like the current skin: to each his own :)