Account not yet setup

abcorn

I registered for a hosting account yesterday, and it's been about 16-17 hours, and nothing. I got the email that my account was registered (was sent to Gmail Spam, I created a filter to never send stuff from Heliohost.org or Helionet.org to be sent to Spam), and it said that I should have a message saying that my site is not yet validated at abcorn.heliohost.org, but there's nothing there. Nothing at abcorn.heliohost.org/cpanel and I can't login to the mail cPanel at all. Is this normal? Should I just wait the full 48 hours?

It's approaching the 48 hour mark. Can anyone verify that my account was actually being setup? I set an alarm for real early so I could get an account before the maximum was hit. This is by far the best free host I've found, and I would really like to get an account working.

Sometimes the server can be fussy and reject new accounts. Wait for djbob.

Is he on vacation? I think I saw a post saying that he was. Does he have an EDR (Estimated Date of Return)? Because I found another host that I'm checking out (fellowsites.org. It's a paid host, but very, very cheap. Their cheapest plan is $1 a month and has 500 MB storage and 5 GB bandwidth. You can pick your own plan). I emailed them asking for a full feature list, so right now, it's a battle of which host replies first.

Hi,

I've got the same problem as abcorn, namely that i set up an account, got a confirmation email then... nothing!

Did i miss a step? ..did something wrong? is there another delay? What's going on?

Somebody to help or advise?

registred username :eelbez

registred domain : eelbeziers.heliohost.org

Thanx for any information.

...and i precise that i applied on october 10th.