MySQL Database - Use NOT from localhost

sir KitKat

I'm writing the php code on my computer and I upload the code to the www folder using Secure WebDisk.

This take a lot of my time and sometime, after connecting with the Secure WebDisk I can't get on my website (500 Internal Server Error).

To speed up the process I installed a local server (Wampserver) and I want to run the code local, checking for error's and such.

If I have a piece of code I can upload it in one time to the www folder.

The same file/folder tree as on the website is easy with the Secure Webdisk but synchronizing the database is the problem.

To work around this problem, I want to use the database from heliohost instead of my local database.

Question: How can I access the database from my computer?

I tried: $DB_con = mysql_connect('stevie.heliohost.org','skitkat_skitkat','*********');

without result

Also i'm using a firewall (Linksys WRT54GL)

regards,

sir KitKat

PS: some extra functionality could be performing task on the database without exposing the 'script' on the www

Well, sorry to break Your hope, but it's not possible.

You're able to setup and external MySQL database to work with Your heliohost account, so You don't use the heliohost's database.

In other words:

You can setup Your heliohost account, to have an database OUTSIDE heliohost's management.

This could be done, by setting up an server (fx. at Your own home), and through cPanel > Databases > Remote MySQL You can enter the DNS or IP for the external MySQL database (XAMPP/WAMPP can also be used), so You will use that database instead.

But Heliohost has not accepted that their MySQL-database can be contacted off-site.

Sorry.