403 forbidden error when i browse to my site

nworld

This shows up when I browse to my site:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_wsgi/3.0c3 Python/2.4.3 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at nworld.heliohost.org Port 80

and also this error keeps on showing up:

[sat Oct 10 06:57:53 2009] [crit] [client 69.123.32.192] (13)Permission denied: /home/nworld/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

I don't know how to fix it. I thought the problem was caused by my .htaccess so I deleted it but the problem still shows up.

I think the problem started in Oct 9 EDT. my website is nworld.heliohost.org

Hi,

What Type Of Files are in your Account (Home Page).

is it php/html/asp.net/jsp or is it opensource program any think Like That..

I currently use html files. I was going to upload the rest of my site when the problem showed up.

Your .htaccess file hasn't been deleted.

http://nworld.heliohost.org/.htaccess

Really??

...Did you set your permissions to 755 (or something to the like)?

I set my permissions to 764.

Really??

Yes really! If your htaccess file was deleted it would show a 404 Error but instead it's showing a Forbidden Error which it should for an htaccess file.

EDIT:

I take that back, your htaccess file may be deleted but since your directory permissions are wrong than it might not show a 404 Error. And Wizard was right, it's your directory permissions that's causing you the problems.

Directories should be 755 and html files should be 644. Your file manager will set them correctly by default.

You also need to go to your home directory and set the permissions for 'public_html' and 'www' to 750.

Really??

Yes really! If your htaccess file was deleted it would show a 404 Error but instead it's showing a Forbidden Error which it should for an htaccess file.

EDIT:

I take that back, your htaccess file may be deleted but since your directory permissions are wrong than it might not show a 404 Error. And Wizard was right, it's your directory permissions that's causing you the problems.

Directories should be 755 and html files should be 644. Your file manager will set them correctly by default.

You also need to go to your home directory and set the permissions for 'public_html' and 'www' to 750.

I did what you say and still the problem persist.

EDIT:

Also this problem still exist. It shows up in the error log:

[sat Oct 10 13:32:10 2009] [crit] [client 69.123.32.192] (13)Permission denied: /home/nworld/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
[sat Oct 10 13:32:10 2009] [crit] [client 69.123.32.192] (13)Permission denied: /home/nworld/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
[sat Oct 10 13:32:09 2009] [crit] [client 69.123.32.192] (13)Permission denied: /home/nworld/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable
[sat Oct 10 13:32:09 2009] [crit] [client 69.123.32.192] (13)Permission denied: /home/nworld/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

I don't know what its talking about. I don't have a .htaccess in my /home/nworld/ directory.

The .htaccess is in your HOME directory. You need to delete it.

Use this to see your htaccess file

http://nworld.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/...den=1&dir=/

If your still not seeing a htaccess file to delete by using that url I posted than you've got other problems and djbob will need to check it out.

I just Googled that error message and this was the solution. Since you've deleted your htaccess file in your public_html folder, now you need to go to your cPanel and uninstall FrontPage Extensions. FrontPage Extensions relies on the htaccess file to work, but your probably not using FrontPage Ext. anyway.

The .htaccess is in your HOME directory. You need to delete it.

Use this to see your htaccess file

http://nworld.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/...den=1&dir=/

If your still not seeing a htaccess file to delete by using that url I posted than you've got other problems and djbob will need to check it out.

I just Googled that error message and this was the solution. Since you've deleted your htaccess file in your public_html folder, now you need to go to your cPanel and uninstall FrontPage Extensions. FrontPage Extensions relies on the htaccess file to work, but your probably not using FrontPage Ext. anyway.

Im not seeing any htaccess file in my home directory. I also don't remeber putting any htaccess file in my home directory.

I don't use the frontpage ext.

EDIT:

Would it be possible if my account could just be reset or deleted then created again? Because I think that might solve the problem. maybe.

FrontPage Ext. comes default when you register. If you don't use FrontPage Ext. then it's best to uninstall them anyway. Just go to your cPanel and click the link FrontPage Extensions and click uninstall. That should fix your problem. Frontpage is looking for the htaccess file which isn't there anymore.

FrontPage Ext. comes default when you register. If you don't use FrontPage Ext. then it's best to uninstall them anyway. Just go to your cPanel and click the link FrontPage Extensions and click uninstall. That should fix your problem. Frontpage is looking for the htaccess file which isn't there anymore.

I uninstalled the frontpage extension but the problem still occurs.

EDIT:

EDIT:

Would it be possible if my account could just be reset or deleted then created again? Because I think that might solve the problem. maybe.