My Account Suspended

mrare

Hi djbob,

I went to login to my HelioHost account and I found that I couldn't get on!

Reading another topic in here, I have a funny feeling it was a cron script I was running too often on one of my subdomains...

Account Name: mrare

Domain: http://mediumrare.heliohost.org

If this is the case, could my account please be "unsuspended" and I will disable the script(s) as soon as I can login, otherwise could you please tell me why it was suspended.

Cheers,

Chris

It was probably a cron script. Did you not notice the big, bold, red text on the cron page telling you not to run crons that often, and that your account will be suspended if you do?

Actually, I don't think I did...

One of my subdomains runs "eGroupWare" and I vaguely remember seeing something about cron scripts as I was flicking through the settings.

It was one of the previous topics in this forum that made me click that it was potentially that that caused my account to be suspended...

Okay, I've unsuspended your site. Make sure to turn off your crons immediately, or your site will be resuspended.

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure that was it... I'll soon find out if it wasn't though...

Oh, and now that I look at the settings, I can't actually see any warning about crons leading to account suspension.

Anyway, thanks djbob!

Hi, i'm new into the system of web designing and hosting. I will appriciate it if anybody can shed more light on cron script and why is it prohibited. I wouldn't like to get my site suspended for what i dont know.

cron is like a timer. You can set it so that it'll run programs automatically at whatever time you would like. However, the problem with running cron on a free host is that literally thousands of people will be using it, slowing the server down. Thus there is a 2 cron job limit for each account, meaning you can run up to 2 cron processes a day.