deleted the root directory

tslnyy

Hello, I accidentally deleted the root directory of the original folder, how to recover?

Was it your public_html folder that you deleted?

Please post your domain name.

my domain name is:

tslnyy.heliohost.org

now open the File Manager Show this

I want to restore the initial state

post-5095-1251856452_thumb.png

Looks like your missing the www folder also. Go to your directory where you made you screen shot and make sure that the public_html directory has the permssions 750.

Then create the www folder and set it's permissions to 750.

Then create the public_ftp folder and set it's permissions to 755. After you create the public_ftp, then go inside that folder and create a folder called incoming and the permissions should default to 755 and that's what you want.

Also if you intend to use your server mail you'll need to create a folder called mail and set the permissions to 770.

I think that should take care of it unless you deleted some of the default files in your user directory?

Go to your site through this url and make sure you see a few dot folders (.cpanel, .htpasswds, and .trash) and dot files that normally don't show.

http://tslnyy.heliohost.org:2082/frontend/...den=1&dir=/

The www folder is not actually a folder; it's a symlink to public_html. It's not necessary, and honestly neither is public_ftp (unless you're hosting public ftp content).

On the other hand, deleting the mail and .cpanel folders will cause you lose all of your email and some of your settings, respectively.