Making computer games

• 4 weeks later...

i used to program some very nice and complicated games in gamemaker, but im trying to move on to better things. If anyone uses gamemaker and has trouble, let me know, im an expert, im sure to help or atleast get a general idea. I know everything about gamemaker!

I feel that way too, but most everything there is to know can be referenced from the guide or an algebra book, and I have pratically memorised both. What are you moving on to? C++? That would be the best, but its alot harder, as soon as I can figure out how to get a gfx engine running I'd be able to do it, but...

• 2 weeks later...

I tried making a game with Game maker, but I failed miserably. So I just stick to writing the storylines and such and let my friends who know what they're doing design it.

I've also tried using RPG Maker, but I lost hope after putting a good number of hours into making it, testing it and it was only two minutes. :(

• 1 month later...
I tried gamemaker, but it seems to simple and not complex, so i didn't like it.

Most games featured were 2d, or not that great in 3d.

3d is pretty hard for a single person. The models and colisions can be a nightmare. 3d is sometimes used, but almost anyone who makes a 3d game "alone" used someone else's pre-made 3d system, unless they made that system, but those people are usually to busy to do games... :rolleyes: