New Website

armarda

Hi I am new here and just setup my account. I have a co.cc account and linked it to my new account here but when I type the url: in the web browser it comes up and says,

Please set up the domain in 48 hours. If not, we will cancel the registration

Could someone please assist me with this?

Regards Andy

Hi I am new here and just setup my account. I have a co.cc account and linked it to my new account here but when I type the url: in the web browser it comes up and says,

Regards Andy

You need to wait like 1-2 days for the domain to fully redirect to heliohost nameservers.

O right ok, is this the same principal for when I try and login to the website Cpanel. It comes up and says "Login Attempt Failed!"

Also will there be fixed ads on the website when I make it?

Andy

You need to ways 1-2 days for the cpanel to work too

crysisx, please do not provide support if you do not know the correct answers.

Regards Andy

Did you set the nameservers to ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org?

O right ok, is this the same principal for when I try and login to the website Cpanel. It comes up and says "Login Attempt Failed!"

Also will there be fixed ads on the website when I make it?

Andy

You need to wait 24 hours before your account is usable. There will be no ads.

Does it take a while for queries to show up here? If so, apologies for a duplicate.

I need to know how one accesses the nameservers. I am a beginner...

You don't "access" the nameservers, you point your DNS to them.

In other words, whatever service that you bought your domain name from should have a place for you to put ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org in as the nameservers.

Does it take a while for queries to show up here? If so, apologies for a duplicate.

I need to know how one accesses the nameservers. I am a beginner...

You don't "access" the nameservers, you point your DNS to them.

In other words, whatever service that you bought your domain name from should have a place for you to put ns1.heliohost.org and ns2.heliohost.org in as the nameservers.

I think I got it. With fear and trembling I replaced the old nameservers with these in the rudimentary 'control panel':

ns1.heliohost.org, IP: 65.19.143.4

ns2.heliohost.org, IP: 65.19.143.5

hope that's what you meant!

Name server : It is the name of the host server. It translates domain names into IP addresses.

It makes it possible for a user to access a website by typing in the domain name instead of the website's actual IP address.

The form looks like this ->

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

How to set up DNS in co.cc

Domain Settings > Manage domain > Select a domain > Click "setup" button > Manage DNS > Input "NAME SERVER" of your hosting registrar.

After configuring NAME SERVER in co.cc, you should add your co.cc domain to the hosting registrar (Go to cPanel, Click on Parked Domain and add your co.cc domain). It might take up to 48 hours for name server changes to take effect and fully propagate through the Internet.

Name server : It is the name of the host server. It translates domain names into IP addresses.

It makes it possible for a user to access a website by typing in the domain name instead of the website's actual IP address.

The form looks like this ->

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

How to set up DNS in co.cc

Domain Settings > Manage domain > Select a domain > Click "setup" button > Manage DNS > Input "NAME SERVER" of your hosting registrar.

After configuring NAME SERVER in co.cc, you should add your co.cc domain to the hosting registrar (Go to cPanel, Click on Parked Domain and add your co.cc domain). It might take up to 48 hours for name server changes to take effect and fully propagate through the Internet.

Thanks, that's even clear enough for me! Now the only thing is to wait till your cpanel lets me login. Right now it doesn't believe that I exist...