not able to create host account

msnyder

I paid for a domain name registration from another company and was going to use HelioHost as the hosting piece. When I went to create a account the first time it said username was taken (not sure if it was from me trying so many times). I then tried a different username and for the desired domain I put in the domain I setup previously with a .com extension. The message box showed that I already needed to have this which of course I do. After filling out the rest of the form and submitting I keep getting the message that domain has already been taken go back and enter a different domain. So I guess I'm confused as to what to do now to get my account created?

Thanks

Mike

All of your usernames and all of your domains.

Next time, read the red text: "Note that you only have one chance to create your account. Only one account is allowed per user."

I did read the text and the account was the username I thought. As far as I know the account in HelioHost hasn't been created yet due to it not allowing the domain that I picked and it telling me I already had to have it registered. It did not say register the domain through here. I haven't done this before that's why I'm asking. The usename I was trying at first was msnyder with the domain receipestation.com. I believe it said the username was taken which is possible so I tried snyderm and receipestation.com as domain. That's when it had the message domain taken goback and pick again. That's where I got confused since the first box said I already had to have it. Hope this makes sense.

The database is showing an account with username "msnyder" and domain name "receipestation.com" registered on the 19th. Try logging into cPanel with that username and see if it works.

It does let me log in now. Maybe it just took a few days. Thanks, I'll go through the tutorials now.

Thanks Byron. I figured I'd have to change that but want to get through the tutorials figuring along the way it will show me how to do that.

You'll need to do that where you registered your domain name at. Did they send you a login url and a password so that you can set the nameservers? It should be pretty straight forward.

Thanks Byron. I figured I'd have to change that but want to get through the tutorials figuring along the way it will show me how to do that.

You'll need to do that where you registered your domain name at. Did they send you a login url and a password so that you can set the nameservers? It should be pretty straight forward.

I believe so. I'll look through my emails.

Also, since I'm having problems starting the webdisk creator (port issues probably) should I just look through the other forums. I shut off McAfee firewall and added the ports to my router configuration to application forward for protocol TCP & UDP.

Also, since I'm having problems starting the webdisk creator (port issues probably) should I just look through the other forums. I shut off McAfee firewall and added the ports to my router configuration to application forward for protocol TCP & UDP.

Exactly how are you logging into your cPanel right now? Are you going through this login?

http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/

because if your going to this page here:

http://receipestation.com

then your not logging into cpanel. After you get your nameservers set then you can loggin to your cpanel this way.

http://receipestation.com:2082/

OK, I know what your talking about "re: webdisk creator". I've never used that option from the cpanel so I can't help you there. Maybe somebody else can and will post some info.

Exactly how are you logging into your cPnel right now? Are you going through this login?

http://stevie.heliohost.org:2082/

because if your going to this page here:

http://receipestation.com

then your not logging into cpanel. After you get your nameservers set then you can loggin to your cpanel this way.

http://receipestation.com:2082/

Right now I log in going to www.heliohost.org/home and fill in the cpanel info and stevie is checked under server status. It was as I went through the get started steps on create a shortcut for web disk on your desktop and I double click that icon that I got the error message.

I think I was editing about the same time you were posting a reply, so you probably missed this part? :)

OK, I know what your talking about "re: webdisk creator". I've never used that option from the cpanel so I can't help you there. Maybe somebody else can and will post some info.

Hello I kind of have the same problem. First i forgot to put the www and now I don't know how I should proceed if just wait for the 2 day to pass or what because when I try to log to the Cpanel i can't.My user name is tomas domain as registered with you unionelemental.com ( i would like to set it up to www.unionelemental.com