Cannot find my website online

mikegil

Hello,

I registered for an account last week with my domain surrealscenes.com

I uploaded all of my website files to the /public_HTML domain yesterday, and I cannot seem to pull up my site. The default webpage that came with the domain purchase comes up (from 1&1 internet). I have tried with multiple web browsers, to no avail. Also, my /cpanel has never worked (404 Error)--I've just been accessing C-panel through heliohost.org. Maybe these issues are connected?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hello,

I registered for an account last week with my domain surrealscenes.com

I uploaded all of my website files to the /public_HTML domain yesterday, and I cannot seem to pull up my site. The default webpage that came with the domain purchase comes up (from 1&1 internet). I have tried with multiple web browsers, to no avail. Also, my /cpanel has never worked (404 Error)--I've just been accessing C-panel through heliohost.org. Maybe these issues are connected?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

That's because your domain name is still pointing to your old host:

ns57.1and1.com

ns58.1and1.com

You need to change the name servers to:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

and then wait about 24hrs for the changes to take effect.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I apologize, but I am brand new to web site creation--could you tell me how to go about changing the name servers?

Thanks again.

Did you recieve a login url and password when you purchased your domain name? If so you need to login and look for the options to change name servers. Should be a couple of text fields that would refer to:

ns1:

ns2:

Just put heliohost's name servers in place of whats there and save changes. If you don't have access to those options then you need to contact somebody at 1 & 1 and ask them to change it for you.