Using Web Forwarding

darkstar

Hi!

I am new to these forums.I joined yesterday while searching for free host.My website address is darkstar.heliohost.org (Currently Under Construction)

I am adding a Web Forwarding using some other web site which provides two method

1)NS (For external name servers)

2)"A" and "MX" (at UNI.CC' DNS)

Which one should I use and How do I configure them.

The first one requires Nameserver #1 and Nameserver #2 while second option ask for Main server IP address: and Mailserver name.

If I configure correctly I will be able to access my website using dstar.uni.cc

Thanks for replying.Can you tell me step by step process about How you configured your own

First you need to go sign up for your domain name at http://www.uni.cc before you go to cpanel. And I'm assuming you want this to be a Parked Domain and not an Addon Domain, right? The difference is that an Addon Domain is a sub directory on your site and a Parked Domain is your site.

First you need to go sign up for your domain name at http://www.uni.cc before you go to cpanel. And I'm assuming you want this to be a Parked Domain and not an Addon Domain, right? The difference is that an Addon Domain is a sub directory on your site and a Parked Domain is your site.

I have my website address darkstar.heliohost.org

Now I log unto uni.cc and sign up.Sign up is free.Then I type dstar to check If it is available.Now in Domain Configuration of uni.cc it asks for Record Type and give me 3 options

1) NS (For external name servers)

3)Google Apps/Google sites

It's clear that I can not use the third option so I have to choose from first 2 which i do not know how to configure

Then I type dstar to check If it is available.Now in Domain Configuration of uni.cc it asks for Record Type and give me 3 options

3)Google Apps/Google sites

It's clear that I can not use the third option so I have to choose from first 2 which i do not know how to configure

It's been a long time since I registered with www.uni.cc so I don't remember the exact steps. OK, you want to choose the first option:

so click the radio button for that option and then fill out the 2 name server fields with:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

and then click "Continue" or whatever to proceed. Basically just give then the information they ask for like a valid email address and a username. Should be basic stuff. That's really all you need to get a domain name. I think they will probably send you a confirmation email. Let me know when you've gotten your domain name and I'll tell you what to do at your cpanel.

Now what should I enter in

Main server IP address:

Mailserver name:

You won't be using those fields with the NS option. All you need to enter is the name servers.

So that's It........

After clicking save it says "DNS changes may take up to 24 hours to be propagated "

So that's It........

After clicking save it says "DNS changes may take up to 24 hours to be propagated "

No you have one more step. You need login to your cpanel and click onto the link that says "Parked Domains" and then where it says "Create A New Parked Domain" you enter:

dstar.uni.cc

into the text field and click "Add Domain" and by this time tomorrow you should be good to go. :)

If your wondering why your domain name (dstar.uni.cc) isn't working, it's because it's not showing any NS records right now. Something must have went wrong so go back to http://www.uni.cc and enter these name servers again for your domain:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

and click save.

That should fix it.

Cheers,

Byron

If your wondering why your domain name (dstar.uni.cc) isn't working, it's because it's not showing any NS records right now. Something must have went wrong so go back to http://www.uni.cc and enter these name servers again for your domain:

ns1.heliohost.org

ns2.heliohost.org

and click save.

That should fix it.

Cheers,

Byron

thanks for you help

uni.cc is not working so i am using

darkstar.rg3.net and i am busy in making web site