Remote MySQL Access - IP/Host

I am trying to remotely access my MySQL database from my home computer with a program called navicat. It requires the Host name/IP address, my username, and my password. (User/Pass is same as cPanel, I know)

How do I find out the Host name/IP address? The program says there isn't a MySQL server at that host when I enter my site URL or heliohost.org. http://www.helionet.org/index/index.php?ac..._post&f=48#

Go to cPanel, and then select Remote Database Access Hosts. Enter your IP into there.

(Your IP isn't 127.0.0.1; that's localhost. It's not 192.168.*.* either. Google for "what is my IP" and pick the first result, and it will tell you.)

Jyanks: you are definitely using the wrong port. That error message just indicates that your MySQL "connection" message wasn't rejected, but that's only because you're talking to cpaneld and not mysqld on Stevie... cpaneld doesn't understand your message, so it probably ignores it or something.

I'll look into this on my own a little.

Jyanks: you are definitely using the wrong port. That error message just indicates that your MySQL "connection" message wasn't rejected, but that's only because you're talking to cpaneld and not mysqld on Stevie... cpaneld doesn't understand your message, so it probably ignores it or something.

I'll look into this on my own a little.

Oh darn. Well, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• 1 year later...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I chose Helio for this particular post.

Host: stevie.heliohost.org worked for me. 65.19.143.2 didnt work. I have dynamic IP.

I am using python's MySQLdb module.

syntax::

conn = MySQLdb.connect(host='stevie.heliohost.org', user='*******',passwd='********',db='****')

Your hostname should be stevie.heliohost.org. Your IP address should be 65.19.143.2.

• 9 months later...

I have a problem with connection to MySql by SqlServer 2008. I am using as server: johnny.heliohost.org user/pass which i added in cPanel. But I am getting back an error: 'Cannot connect to johnny.heliohost.org' I also tried to use as server 'johnny.heliohost.org:2082' or server IP but it didn't work. Can anybody help me?

Please don't bring back topics created nearly 2 years ago - just create another next time. ;)

Anyway, have you clicked on 'Remote SQL' in your cPanel and typed in a % in the box (then pressed submit)?